Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell of Germany Mercedes SLS AMG

larrygre

Hey all,

I have learned that due to licensing issues with M-B USA, the Revell of Germany Mercedes SLS AMG gullwing will NOT be available in a domestic Revell USA boxing. The same licensing issues may (and I say MAY as I don't have the facts on this yet) affect further importation of the German boxing.

I have yet to get one, but I saw the parts at NNL East and it looks like another tour de force for Revell of Germany. Get yours while the getting is good.

Hey all,

I have learned that due to licensing issues with M-B USA, the Revell of Germany Mercedes SLS AMG gullwing will NOT be available in a domestic Revell USA boxing. The same licensing issues may (and I say MAY as I don't have the facts on this yet) affect further importation of the German boxing.

I have yet to get one, but I saw the parts at NNL East and it looks like another tour de force for Revell of Germany. Get yours while the getting is good.

I was just in my local Knoxville Hobbytown USA yesterday and they had one for $44.95. Whether they had more, I don't know (this store only displays one at a time). Probably available from other Hobbytowns even if you need to special order it.

Edited by sjordan2

Revell SLS is only available from Revell AG and Hobbico is importing. I reported a while back when Revell visited our club meeting that the rep reported out that licensing for M-B, unlike Ferrari, needed to be separate for US. Given potential order volume, Revell elected to just keep with Revell AG version in US.

The Fujimi SLS, announced recently, is supposedly only a curbside. I am still waiting to hear more. That would fit given their other modern releases such as the Ferraris.

10144619a.jpg

Also, the Revell USA version of the 458 Italia will likely be here by June. I am trying to find out more on that as well.

I sure hope your source is correct about Fujimi doing a 599 GTO. Even though I did buy the Hobby Design transkit B)

Gerry

Edited by Exotics_Builder

I was just in my local Knoxville Hobbytown USA yesterday and they had one for $44.95. Whether they had more, I don't know (this store only displays one at a time). Probably available from other Hobbytowns even if you need to special order it.

Geez I felt like I was the one being tied to a railroad track by a evil mustache twirling villain when I paid $34 for mine in March., knowing there wasn't going to be a U.S. box. Apparently I was the one twirling the facial hair based on that retail price.

Makes me wonder why Mercedes just doesn't execute some kind of global licensing compact, myself.

Of course, that would make life much easier. Oh...just answered my own question. And perhaps save us some money. Ah...another reason.

Oh well.

I'll get one of these by hook or crook.

Charlie Larkin

• 1 year later...