Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many BUILT kits does everyone have ?

Too many to count. I admit it, I'm a freak...my lawn and yard might suffer, I might not vacuum enough, but I manage to make plenty of time to build my models :)

Part of this is the inevitability after looking at my 1,000+ unbuilts that they'll never get built anytime in (multiples of) my lifetime. Now that I build a lot of the newer releases, and still can't keep up with all the new stuff I want to build, at least the "inbox" isn't growing anything like it used to. I'm on track to build 15-18 models this year. I've built that many in the past 2-3 years per year. I don't want to count how many...I sold a few, gave away a few, still don't have enough room. But I'm having fun :D

I'm guessing here . I would venture to say five dozen ...... Ed Shaver

I guess I have around 100 built, twenty or so that survived from early years of building. I have around 125 unbuilts,and about 600 in our vending rotation. Oh yeah, about 125 old builups from the 60s/70s

Randy

Edited by fanofratfink

I've finished a bunch in 20+ years, but I've only got about a dozen still in my possession. I seem to have a habit of donating them for club auctions or just giving them away to friends that really like them. B)