Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XKE Pro Mod

John Teresi

Hello......This project was my first attempt at building a Pro Mod.......it is a make believe car......I have never seen a Jag Pro Mod......so I thought I would build one.......alot of stuff may not be correct but,this is what I came up with......I would like to thank Mr. Paul Rowe for the inspiration to build this Pro Mod and also his donation of a complete resin Pro mod engine and all his reference pictures......also thank`s to Mr. Clay Kemp for his inspiration to build this Pro Mod and his reference pictures........also last but not least Charlie with "Pro Tech" for his fine products: braided line.plug wires,fuel line,detailing wire,gauges,nut`s and bolts,body fasteners and more.......... Body was made using 2 Entex bodies to make one 1/16 scale body ......I had to lengthen .widen and get the right height.......... H.O.K. kandy red over silver base. with Slixx mini flakes......tear away paint job: all graphics airbrushed and hand painted.......H.O.K. silver,black airbrushed panels........rivets drilled with black wash.......bare metal foil........chassis scratch built and many other parts .......to many to mention......wheelie bar and wing are removable for easy packing........if you would like to see how I made this build ......please look in the "On the Work Bench" section........thank`s for looking.

DSCF8849.jpg

DSCF8858.jpg

DSCF8814.jpg

DSCF8832.jpg

DSCF8822.jpg

DSCF8806.jpg

DSCF8792.jpg

DSCF8746.jpg

DSCF8768.jpg

DSCF8775.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

John... This is one beautiful build my friend. I have enjoyed watching this kit come to life. Your Builds have always been an inspiration to me. your scratch building, detailing and paint have always amazed me. I look forward to seeing your builds in person some day. Thanks for sharing all of the pics you did during your build progress. I can't wait to see the next project you have instore to share with us. Thank you for sharing with us again you did an amazing job on this.

Ok... I'm the guy who said the frame should not have been weathered... :D

And I stick with that. I still say a car like that, racing in the class that it would, with the $$$ invested and required to compete at that level, would never be allowed to get to a point where the frame looks like that. No way... the crew would never let it happen. It may look "realistic" to some of you guys as far as modeling goes, but it's not very realistic in terms of reality. Just my opinion; if anyone cares to prove me wrong I'll gladly admit I was off base.

But... that issue aside, let me go on record saying that I think the model is phenomenal and John's talents are off the charts. There's no bigger fan of John's talents here than me. I am thoroughly impressed by this model. :lol:

John, this is a truly remarkable build. Once again you have broken that very fine line that runs between real and model, if I didn't know this was a hand built model I would swear that it was real. GREAT JOB!!!

You know, I've seen my fair share of scale dragster builds in many different disciplines and some have been so great that I was just amazed, in a state of awe actually. The only way they could be more realistic is if they were a real 1:1.

Well, this one is better than those and is the best I've seen. The imagination, engineering, scratchbuilding and bodywork done here is second to none and I say that with meaning! Great job Mr. Teresi, this one is an incredible piece of work, bravo! I've followed from the very start and I've had to pick my jaw off the ground more than once during the build. Very one-of-a-kind and truly unique to the max!

I still don't understand how anyone could have negative thoughts/comments on this build as a WIP or Under Glass....furthermore, post those comments. It really would not matter if it was painted orange-peeled pink and washed with used coals and dirt (would still be great!). I do think Mr. Teresi has already explained this was his build, his way, and for him only. This was a build for us to enjoy and learn from, I know I have and I appreciate it being shared. I only hope my projects will be half this great.

Again, Great Job....You are a Master and I'm a big fan!!

This one is too cool! If someone would ask that Real or model, I'd say real if I could not know that it's a model. Really impressive paintjob, I like especially that front clip. Colors are great too. Amazing bodywork you did, and frame looks good too. How someone can build something that nice from styrene tubing? And of course, detailing is perfect. I can't imagion any details to it anymore, is that engine running yet? And very nice pictures too. Great job, this is the best model, I've seen in long time here. :(