Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any Dirt Modelers on here?

DirtModeler

• 5 weeks later...

Wow, what a cool bunch here! I was lucky enough to run with the NDRA from 1978-1982 and have fond memories. Lost all of my photos in a fire but buying what I can find on the internet. Building some cars soon as ive bought quite a few model kits and bodies from a friends estate who passed away last year.

Thanks for sharing!

Drew C from SC

Edited by DrewCfromSC

• 4 weeks later...

These are some incredible builds of dirt trackers. Thanks for posting this thread and getting it on track.

Yeah, I'm a lover of mid-century dirt trackers too. I built this one as a tribute build early this year and hope to do a '69 Roadrunner that my older brother's father-in-law used to run.

IMG_6100sm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

^Haha yes I feel you, look at the yellow lettering on the tires. David I have no clue how you thought or built this, but the paint is completely off the hook cool and this thing looks like a piece of art. I never feel the need to want someone else's model, but this one is a exception....I would love to have that displayed in my house. Awesome job!

^Haha yes I feel you, look at the yellow lettering on the tires. David I have no clue how you thought or built this, but the paint is completely off the hook cool and this thing looks like a piece of art. I never feel the need to want someone else's model, but this one is a exception....I would love to have that displayed in my house. Awesome job!

Thanks.

Here's the build.

http://coffincorner.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=wip&action=display&thread=16887

• 4 weeks later...