Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here is my daily driver my 2000 Chevy Cavalier SS.

The SS was strictly an appearance package developed by JBA Chevrolet in Glen Burnie MD. But, being a mechanic and all around hot rodder I added a few tweaks. Mainly a cat back with free flow, larger TB, and a chip as well as better brakes and wheels and tires and stiffeners front and back. It scoots and get looks. It's got killer tunes of course.

27ycvpi.jpg

15zniix.jpg

Bob

Edited by Dragline

dadatruck-vi.jpg

This is my dad's truck. It's a 1997 Chevy C-1500. My dad wanted a new truck after my mom died, so we ordered this one. It's a Cheyenne W/T, so it has roll-up windows and rubber floor mats. But it's optioned up with the chrome package, H/O V-6, auto trans, air, cruise, tilt, stereo, and the topper. And it cost $3,000 less than a new Silverado. He was incredulous--"Three thousand bucks for carpets and electric windows???"

Anyway, he drove it for seven years until he died, too. We've had it since 2004. Has about 65,000 miles on it. I work hard to keep it as original as possible.

09king2-vi.jpg

This is me capitulating. I've ridden Yamahas since the early '70s, but we rented one of these all-new '09 Harleys last summer and found them to be incredibly comfortable. So we bought one. It's a great ride for cruising down two-lane roads and seeing the country. We put about 4500 miles on it the first three months we had it. It has about half the horsepower of the Yamaha I traded for it, but it does the job very well. Waiting for spring now....

Sighhhh

Terry

Well,

Believe it or not,most don't this IS my daily driver,It's a 91 Mustang GT I have been working on and off,on for 5 years now,way too many mods to mention,other than new 306 Engine,Transmission and rear end,Thanks for allowing this post,I thinks it's really cool one can kinda show off their ride,Randy Izatt

post-5676-126430242108_thumb.jpg

I'll play along too!

This is my all around yard work truck and fishing truck.

81bcbc79.jpg

0918e355.jpg

I've had this seince it was new in 94. very touch built truck.

And this is my daily driver. Bought this one brand new with only 20 miles on it back in 07. I got the opportunity to take all of the plastic wrap off of the truck. Great truck.

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3090.jpg

Junkman,the roller is nice but....I much prefer the P5B you have,my dad had four of them over the years (only the 2 litre though)

I dont actualy own a car,but since I work in a car dealership I drive one of these.

28rjyur.jpg

if im going to claim a name like "dr. olds", i better drive a couple of oldsmobiles. my everyday driver is a 2003 SS silverado, but heres a couple of my olds and a few past rides that were pretty cool.

1971 cutlass supreme convertable. its currently being restored.

pictures320.jpg

1971 vista cruiser. recently sold.

pictures161.jpg

1972 blazer. more or less destroyed off-road. i got $300 for the body and frame when i was done with it.

72blazer.jpg

1948 willys M38. i never finished this project. it was going to be a rockcrawler with a 350 SBC, TH400, Np 205 and 1-ton running gear. i had all the parts bought but lost intrest in 4X4's.

pictures2002.jpg

Edited by 71drolds

Man I thought our funeral cars had class. That one is very nice. Your final ride might as well be in a Rolls. Are those Common in your part of the world or is it just a survivor car from days gone by ??

Rolls Royce hearses used to be very common in England. There are even several Phantom hearses still around. Nowadays people generally find them too 'tacky', hence we only use ours on special request, or for period film work. A lot of old hearses have been rebodied lately though, since they command higher prices in the collectors market this way.

Ours is a 1934 25/30. It started life as a Hooper limousine for the Imperial Hotel in Manchester. It was recruited and used as an ambulance during WWII. After being decommissioned, it was bought by the funeral home I am working for and they ordered the coachwork by Alpe and Saunders, who finished it in 1948. It hasn't been restored or even painted since then. This is a three-owner Rolls Royce. The car has probably never travelled more than 100 miles from its home.

Even more common than Rolls Royces are these over here:

ds42003.jpg

ds42004.jpg

ds42001.jpg

It's a Daimler DS 420 and we use it for 'regular' funerals and transports. Our 'first call car' is a Volvo 760.

Edited by Junkman

Was browsing and wondering what everyone here drives. So post your pics of your car, truck suv, whatever on here.

I'll start heres my daily driver.

DSC03406.jpg

Also have a firebird for cruisin and picking up dates :( I'll post pics of that when I get a chance to get it out of the garage.

great looking jeep bud

well, here is my whip

2003 VW passat (not a jetta, a PASSAT)

IMG00084-20090727-1756.jpg

IMG00081-20090727-1755.jpg

it has the famous 1.8 Turbo in it with a speedtuningUSA flash

the turbo peaks at 17 and holds at 16

plenty of power to go scare the little hondas aswell :(

and this is the wifeys car (AKA the winterbeater)

IMG00083-20100103-1451.jpg

IMG00085-20100103-1451.jpg

its an 2008 dodge charger with only one option....AWD

oh, and in the winter i scoot around town on this

IM001372.jpg

1988 yamaha DT50LC

HUH???????????? A AWD CHARGER??? HUH???????????????????

;) Chris, I was about to freak out at that beetle you posted because it is beautiful!, but then I saw it wasn't yours :D What all do you have done to that Mazder? It hasn't self imploded or the wheels falling off yet? ;):lol:

Yay, here's mine

1985 Volksvagen GTI with the powerhouse known as the 1.8 8V! :(

DSCN1127.jpg

DSCN1130.jpg

I WANT ONE !!!! LOL

Don't have pictures but I've got a '92 chevy Cheyenne W/T 1500(work truck model with 3/4ton suspension) long bed, single cab, 2W, 350 TBI 4spd, bench seat, not many options, no power options, 385,XXX miles (not KMS) still runs strong for it's milage, has 1 ton rear leafs, not sure who had it or why they needed 1 ton rear leaf springs and 3/4ton suspension on a 1/2ton.

hmmm is it a 4x4? if so sounds like some one was going to do some work to it as that set up is killer for off-roading but if its just a rwd model well some one wanted to haul more then what the truck was intended to haul????? Edited by moparfan426

2009 Ranger Sport 4.0 SOHC 5-speed auto, RWD. Wanted 4WD, but I was made an offer I couldn't refuse for buying this one off the lot last summer. Only 2800 miles so far, just had her first oil change two weeks ago. Precious moments. My first *new* vehicle.

IMG00142.jpg

that under ground lot looks familiar ????