Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tahoe was the top of the line model of S10, my grandfathers truck has chrome grille, PS, PB, blue Vinly interior, with Custom dealer optioned Navy Blue and Industrial Grey two tone job, those are options ordered by the first owner (yes my grandfathers the second owner, he bought it when it was 6 weeks old off the first owner who bought it the parked it in his backyard)

Tahoe: Added carpeting, gauges, and a right-hand visor mirror, Chrome Grille, Color-keyed floormats, courtesy lights.

but it's the same thing all around, yes those were added things in the package but it's not like they had different bodys or engines, love it though, looks so good, I like the 2nd gen's better, but that's probly just because i own one. But that is a beutiful truck though.

My advice next time at the track would be to unhook the front sway bar (never the back). For me it wasn't so much about lower E.T.s, though they were usually a tad faster, it was consistency. With the front bar hooked up I'd have 3 bad launches for every good one. The unhooked bar let the front come up and it was much more consistent when launching.

I broke an end link a while back, bought some new ones, they wouldn't quite fit, so the front sway bar has been unhooked for a while, still on the car. It seems to help a little. I think it'll help a lot when I get the Drag Launch springs installed up front (to match the ones already on the back) and the adjustable struts so I can set it up like 90/10s and 50/50s F & R for the track, then dial it back in to be a little stiffer for the ride home.

These cars are fun, aren't they?? :lol:

Project cars...

2 1983 Supras, one parts, one fixer. I haven't decided which is which just yet. Red one was free and needs an engine.

Newhood.jpg

White was was saved and needs a ton, but has a good, strong engine...

thebeast.jpg

Lastly, my pride and joy, a 1976 Celica GT liftback. I bought this one from the original owner. He had a ton of stuff, original paper tag, lien release, wiindow sticker, Weber carb, spare parts car... just a bunch of stuff for it. Right now, I am in the 'parts collecting' mode for it. I bought a 3rd GT for the black interior alone. It will be a long term project, but I hope to have it at least running before summer. On the road, hopefully by the end of the year.

frontsheetmetal.jpg

Ken, nice project cars I always wanted one of the early Supra's. I love the Celica, I had a '75 Coupe and a '83 liftback, would love to find either one of them, although I'd really liked the '75.

That thing is nice, I'm thinking about putting a v8 in my 1999, what size v8? Oh and are you going to paint it or leave it flat black, I kinda like the way it looks now, and I also like the way those rally rims look on it.

Rallys do look nice on these trucks. Mine just needs centers and they will look good again. RTK what kind of power plant you got planned for it? Mines a stock 350 for now except 882s performer rpm and a 600 vac sec holley.

Bowtie You can do a ls1 swap in yours and retain all factory guages and stuff. If you want a cheaper swap you can do a gen 1 sbc swap fairly reasonable. Check out www.v8s10.org I used to be there all the time.

Rallys do look nice on these trucks. Mine just needs centers and they will look good again. RTK what kind of power plant you got planned for it? Mines a stock 350 for now except 882s performer rpm and a 600 vac sec holley.

Bowtie You can do a ls1 swap in yours and retain all factory guages and stuff. If you want a cheaper swap you can do a gen 1 sbc swap fairly reasonable. Check out www.v8s10.org I used to be there all the time.

well I'm not sure what swap I'm going to do yet. I want to make a street vehicle that can go fast too, but living in nova scotia the winters are kinda hard here for something like that. The ls1 swap would probly be the one I would go with though, but it won't happen for awhile anyways because it's only got 88,000 kms on it, or at least till I get a new truck. I'm going to look at the site right now.

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

Well,

Believe it or not,most don't this IS my daily driver,It's a 91 Mustang GT I have been working on and off,on for 5 years now,way too many mods to mention,other than new 306 Engine,Transmission and rear end,Thanks for allowing this post,I thinks it's really cool one can kinda show off their ride,Randy Izatt

A friend of mine has those same wheels on his 92 mustang

l_e4c3b77a82966f5b417f3db5d1fc4178.jpg

Don't have pictures but I've got a '92 chevy Cheyenne W/T 1500(work truck model with 3/4ton suspension) long bed, single cab, 2W, 350 TBI 4spd, bench seat, not many options, no power options, 385,XXX miles (not KMS) still runs strong for it's milage, has 1 ton rear leafs, not sure who had it or why they needed 1 ton rear leaf springs and 3/4ton suspension on a 1/2ton.

Must be a Canadian variant, as the US spec W/T only came with the 4.3 V6 and base 1/2 tons suspension. They didn't even come with the regular Cheyenne grille, only the low end black plastic one.

truckandtrailer004.jpg

truckandtrailer003.jpg

I see your grandpa is also a Mason, Nick. If he passes through Massachusetts on his way to Florida or back up to the Great White North, if he'd like to visit a lodge here, let me know, and we'll be happy to accommodate him.

Has he talked to you about De Molay? If not, go check it out, all these years later, still hands-down the best thing I ever did for myself. www.demolay.org

Charlie Larkin

You have a very interesting assortment of toys, Ken.

I'll openly state I don't care much for Toyotas, or most Japanese cars except the oddball 60s/early 70s ones that were kinda interesting, but I've always had a fondness for Cressidas, they seem like such a nice, civilized car, especially they last-generation. Too bad they're so rare. As I like wagons anyway, your Cressida wagon caught my eye. That's a beauty.

From the shape of your fleet, I'm guessing your Channel 9 is not WMUR in Manchester, N.H., or do you have the cleanest older Toyotas in the Granite State?

Charlie Larkin

I have a .030 over 305 with world products sr torquer heads and a mild cam going in it for now. My buddy built it for his 85 z-28 years back. I recently sold him my old 406 and he gave me this to use. I have a 355 with Dart iron eagles a vic jr. and a small roller cam going together for it eventually. It's a copy of the first motor i had in my camaro. Back before things got out of hand. I have to buy a new trans for the camaro first though. Gotta make sure I'm ready for the season to start.

Edited by RTK434

I have a .030 over 305 with world products sr torquer heads and a mild cam going in it for now. My buddy built it for his 85 z-28 years back. I recently sold him my old 406 and he gave me this to use. I have a 355 with Dart iron eagles a vic jr. and a small roller cam going together for it eventually. It's a copy of the first motor i had in my camaro. Back before things got out of hand. I have to buy a new trans for the camaro first though. Gotta make sure I'm ready for the season to start.

Ive got a 305 for my other truck has a summit k-1103 in it. Other truck is a weekend cruizer nhad a 283 tpi in it but i needed a truck with a roof and this one lost its motor. replaced all the front sheet metal and bed due to rust so it dont look the same as the pic.

101_5604.jpg

well I'm not sure what swap I'm going to do yet. I want to make a street vehicle that can go fast too, but living in nova scotia the winters are kinda hard here for something like that. The ls1 swap would probly be the one I would go with though, but it won't happen for awhile anyways because it's only got 88,000 kms on it, or at least till I get a new truck. I'm going to look at the site right now.

Mine has seen snow 1 time since i bought it back in may of 07 for $125. I wrecked it in the same snow. Just gotta make sure in thed winter you have everything you can to help add traction. We have a few members from the area and alot of them have seperate winter beaters.

Mine has seen snow 1 time since i bought it back in may of 07 for $125. I wrecked it in the same snow. Just gotta make sure in thed winter you have everything you can to help add traction. We have a few members from the area and alot of them have seperate winter beaters.

yea if I were to do the swap then I would defenitly get a truck to drive in the winter and garage the sonoma. How many s10's you got? I see two more behind the convertible one, that looks sweet btw.

Let see, Jordan, The Chevy truck is owned by the guy that owns the car lot across the street. It has some sort of family sentimental value and as such, he will not sell it. We have tried. Now, it is resigned to sit and decay till he realizes he is not going to do anything with it. Time will tell on that one. I believe that it is nothing special.

JT, my first car was a 77 celica and I sold it. Starting searching for another one years ago. When I ran across these two, I couldn't pass them up. I have been sidetracked a couple of times, but I keep plugging away on it. I would also like to find a 71-74 coupe, but they have gone way up in price lately. Not to mention, most are on the left coast.

Charlie... Funny you should mention WMUR in Manchester. I grew up in Merrimack, watching WMUR all the time. This Channel 9 is KWTV out of Oklahoma City. Believe it or not, I am the same way with most Japanese cars, gotta be old school for me to care about them. The cressida is an off-shoot of my foray into Celica Supras. My cressy is fully loaded, power everything, IFS, IRS, LSD, auto heat and AC, sunroof. Quite the luxuries for 1985. I expect to get another 100,000 miles out of her before even considering a rebuild. She cruises real nice right now and gets about 25 mpg, sometimes more. I do have a complete turbo setup out of an 87 Supra if I ever decide that she needs more zip! Of course, it may end up on the Supra...

Dave, a Starlet... the guy I bought my celica from had three or four sitting out back of his shop as well. The Starlets have an underground 'cult' following just like the cressida. Unfortunately, more 'drifters' are discovering the cressida and cutting them up. Prices on clean, running examples like mine have begun to climb. I think that it is an age thing. While I missed the original muscle car craze, I still had a few. Most of the cool guys in my high school drove 240s, 510s, celicas etc. I think that is where it is coming from. Just like the generations before us, we now have the money to get the cars we couldn't growing up. Don't get me wrong, I would love to park a 71 340 'Cuda with billboards in the garage, but my JNC(Japanese Nostalgic Cars) do just fine.

yea if I were to do the swap then I would defenitly get a truck to drive in the winter and garage the sonoma. How many s10's you got? I see two more behind the convertible one, that looks sweet btw.

Im down to 2 the vertable and the red blazer. The blue one had a 283 in it until it acted up and started spitting through the carb pulled the motor for a rebuild and got in a pinch and sold the rolling body. The convertable is going to get alot of work on it this summer and if I can get a second job It will be done frame off with all new components through out including tubular a-arms upper and lower air bags all around If I do that then it will lay frame if i stay with stock style suspension frint will get qa1 coilovers and the rear will get lowering leafs with a disk brake conversion on the rear. Wanting to go with a 5 speed in it cause its a weekend cruizer but no parts to do it at the time.

Im down to 2 the vertable and the red blazer. The blue one had a 283 in it until it acted up and started spitting through the carb pulled the motor for a rebuild and got in a pinch and sold the rolling body. The convertable is going to get alot of work on it this summer and if I can get a second job It will be done frame off with all new components through out including tubular a-arms upper and lower air bags all around If I do that then it will lay frame if i stay with stock style suspension frint will get qa1 coilovers and the rear will get lowering leafs with a disk brake conversion on the rear. Wanting to go with a 5 speed in it cause its a weekend cruizer but no parts to do it at the time.

ok, sucks you had to sell the blue one, the vert will look good when you get it finished. You should make a removeable hard top for it. Hopefully things work out for you and you can get that thing lookin good. If it were me I would go with the coilovers and the rear leafs because I think it would look cool as a driver/racer kinda thing, but no matter what it will look sweet man!

No such thing as an S-10 Tahoe. Tahoes are full size. There is the S-10 pickup and the S-10 Blazer. Check the fender badge on Jason Vandergriff's blue S-10 convertible.

Correct. Tahoe was a trim level for the trucks and SUVs until 1992, when the full-size Tahoe was introduced. The compact Blazer had the S10 moniker until 1995 when the full-size Blazer was integrated into the Tahoe line (the S10 moniker was obviously used to distinguish the compact Blazer from the full-size).

Edited by YJIslander

Yea here it is! I love this thing. I have a dilema. I don't know(when I get the money) if I should lift it up and go off roading or swap in a ls1 and go fast!! But I will make that desision as time goes on. 1999 sonoma, 4.3 v6, 88, 221 kms, not bad for being 11 years old!! ;)

summer time

sonoma490.jpg

sonoma496.jpg

here's the rust rpair, it ain't perfect but it looks better then before! :rolleyes:

sonoma497.jpg

sonoma500.jpg

And what it looks like now!

chevy035-2.jpg

chevy042.jpg

chevy043.jpg

chevy039.jpg

chevy038.jpg

and my interior that needs to be cleaned, badly!!

chevy037.jpg

If you ever are lookin at one of these trucks to buy, get a good low milage one and it will last you for ever, mines still got a long time to go, or at least till (or if) I get that ls1!! :D

Edited by bowtiebadboy333

Youre over thinking it bro. The simple explanation is that the S10 is a pickup and the S10 Tahoe is an SUV built off the S10 platform. Think GMC Sierra vs GMC Jimmy

No such thing as an S-10 Tahoe. Tahoes are full size. There is the S-10 pickup and the S-10 Blazer. Check the fender badge on Jason Vandergriff's blue S-10 convertible.

Sorry fellas, but there IS an S10 Tahoe. Remember, it's a TRIM PACKAGE, not a MODEL DESIGNATION. The S10 Tahoe is in no way related to the Chevy Tahoe SUV, other than both being built by Chevrolet. I don't know if the Tahoe trim package was available on an S10 Blazer or not since I've never owned one, but I did own a 93 S10 Tahoe pickup for two years. It had a Tahoe badge on the dash, I think on the tailgate, and the package was mentioned on the original window sticker that was in the glove box.

Edited by Eric Stone