Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 2 months later...

Still have my '00 Grand Cherokee (130k miles) and my '87 Mustang GT (65k miles).

I decided to treat myself to a new car this week, inspired after a month of 80 hr work weeks..mega stressful, and the A/C in the Jeep is getting not-so-cold and other old-car problems... I can use some smooth, quiet luxury in my life.

Picked up an '11 Cadillac STS Monday night. Leaving on a 5 day road trip to the mountains and the sea tomorrow, a little break before I get back to normal 40 hr weeks next week.

Edit: I just remembered--Revell sort of did a kit of an earlier version of this car..their blingy STS-v kit. Maybe with a lot of work I could sorta kinda approximate the look of this car..

DSC00192-vi.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

Daily driver of mine is a 01 Cavalier with only 94,522 miles, I bought new with only 1.5 miles on the odometer.

Guess I've been lucky as I have never had a problem. I just do my 3,000 mile services regularly.

I don't drive it much now since I'm not able to work anymore. I guess that's a good thing since it still

looks new as I have no desire for another car. It's still new to me so that's a good thing...

been running the wheels off of this

P6170127.jpg

2011-06-11100541.jpg

206750_215404645140173_100000119160795_934679_3080828_n.jpg

Picture of my buddy Skratch draggin lines on the dash for me

DSC_0378.jpg

nothing fancy, just fun..

DSC_0319.jpg

untouched since 1972 when my grandmother did the interior for my dad.

We have owned this car since 1968..

Edited by Fuel Coupe

Thanks Dave, Yes Skratch is an awesome striper and a a really great guy. I drove the Nomad to the Round-Up and when Skratch found out I had it there he shut down his booth to stripe it. The one armed Bandit is an amazing striper.

The rims are there for good..

Judging by some of the nice metal on this thread, who would know we're in a recession?

Here's a few of my rides/projects.

My summer driver: a 1999 Mustang 3.8 V6.... nothing special but great around town..... and for the occasional jourtney outside of town.

AsboughtSeptember2009.jpg

A couple of project cars:

A 1985 Mustang GT auto, T-Tops air, etc. Needs rear brake lines, a small hole patched in the floor, parking brake cable and hood release handle and a D##mn good wash!

85MustangGT.jpg

A 1986 Mustang GT 5 speed, T-Tops, air, etc. Needs......... everything!

86mustangrightfender.jpg

In the background is my winter driver and Gopher vehicle. A 1984 Ford E-150 Custom van, with a 351 Windsor, Auto, Air, raised roof and all the seats taken out to carry the good stuff!

I also have a daily driver 1989 Mustang 2.3, 4 banger which I hope one day will be motivated by a 5.0 5 speed........ and a 2000 S10 ext. cab shortbox stepside V6 which I'm currently planning a quick resto on. Haven't figured out what I'm gonna do with it after it's done... if ever!

Oh, yes........ and the wife drives a 1998 Plymouth Grand Caravan... 'cos I won't let her drive my 'Stangs!

Edited by GTMust

Cool topic and sweet rides! DR Cranky nice bike bro! Would love to have that 71 Nova!!!

Just bought the 98 Jimmy for my winter truck, even though I drive it in the summer too..

gmc.jpg

Summer Car 2000 Mustang GT (Sat for 2 years gathering all new parts etc for it and just put it on the road the other day, then the rear end bound up Yesturday!!! (Didnt upgrade that) so....now its in the shop getting new rear end gears, axles etc and all the stuff inside new. $2900.00 plus tax! Geez, well ill be picking it back up on this wed or Thurs.

I did the body and paint work 4 years ago and air brushed the true fire flames then also.

I Just air brushed the horses in flames about a week ago on each quarter panel.

I will be striping the paint and all off this winter in the shop and doing everything new and different and adding some new bumpers and ground effects (basicly its a kit) new hood etc.

Lost original hood scoop years ago and just havnt got a new one for it yet, probley next month.

Prob selling Mustang next year so I can get either a 67-68 Camaro or a 69-71 Nova! Miss the old school real Muscle cars!

monda.jpg

mondb.jpg

mondc.jpg

Me air brushing horses on

meairbrush.jpg

Edited by mannyclub

This is my daily driver

4SA.jpg

I have been looking for one of these though

84wbmain1.jpg

It's been two years and no luck. I thought I found one once but it was a fake and have found 5 other fakes or people with no clue like a SC being sold as a Wide Body, no real ones, and would rather not get a Turbo, not withstanding the are still about 10K more than a non turbo car $30-40K

What is so special about this one you might ask. It is a 84-88 Carrera SC with a 491 option, which is the "Turbo Look" wide body, turbo suspension, turbo brakes and wheels without the turbo. Only 1184 were made.

I guess my next best option is just to get a SC coupe, but even those are hard to find. I find lots of Targas but coupes perferably without a sunroof sad.gif .

Someday I will find it, and build a moderenized 934 like car.

I did upgrade.

P1010005-1.jpg

Edited by CAL

This is mine, 01 maxima with 278, and change on the odometer, got it free last year doing a vehicle trade , the bug in the back ground is the miss's car, I do not like it, or like driving it, I feel like my man card should be taken away when I drive it :lol:

Buckeye-20110816-00127.jpg

Here is a video of the car

http://youtu.be/mi5N59imjoA

Edited by martinfan5

Right now I walk or ride my bike LOL but in September I'll be buying this from my mom, a 2001 Buick LeSabre Custom. It's definitely not my type of car but for the price I'm getting it for I can't resist. Plus I can appreciate the reliability of the 3800 Series II V6 in it, and it only has 74,000 miles + a full maintenance history. It's been a Florida car it's whole life until 2008 too :) :

lesabre4.jpg

Previous cars include the following, from my 1st car to the latest one I had: '91 Dodge Daytona ES (wrecked), '88 Pontiac LeMans SE 4dr (sold), '96 Chrysler Sebring LX (sold), '93 Honda Civic LX 4dr (sold), '98 Dodge Neon Highline 4dr (sold), '94 Olds Cutlass Supreme SL (sold), '96 Dodge Neon 2dr (sold), '95 Toyota Celica GT (LOVED IT, but it was stolen), '73 Dodge Charger SE (bought as project but sold it), '98 Chevy Cavalier (scrapped), '00 Chevy Cavalier Z24 (sold), '96 Chevy Corsica (sold). Here are the better ones out of the bunch:

'95 Celica GT (my favorite car that I owned, I will get another one ASAP). This was before getting the front bumper repainted black:

Michelles95CelicaGT.jpg

'73 Charger SE, 400 Big Block, original B7 Blue w/ B5 Interior & White vinyl top. So many plans, so little money at the time. Miss this one a lot.

81302193314_0_ALB.jpg

'00 Cavalier Z24 - this car was immaculate, not a single scratch or ding. Pic was taken while I had the spare on the rear after getting a flat, go figure. Loved this car almost as much as the Celica, it was super reliable and decently quick for a 4 Banger.

010.jpg

Edited by TurboKitty

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I walk or ride my bike LOL but in September I'll be buying this from my mom, a 2001 Buick LeSabre Custom. It's definitely not my type of car but for the price I'm getting it for I can't resist. Plus I can appreciate the reliability of the 3800 Series II V6 in it, and it only has 74,000 miles + a full maintenance history (I'll be the 3rd owner):

lesabre4.jpg

You know Michelle, I think with a mild shaving, slightly larger wheels, and either airbags or a slight drop, those cars would make nice looking mild kustoms.