Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Thx. Guys. Chris, They are from scale motorsports and believe it or not they are the 1/12th decals. next time i will go with 1/20 or 1/24, The 1/12th the weave isn't as tight as i would like it but none they less it looks good. i had them from a 1/12th F1 build i was gonna do. They are Black/Pewter plain weave.

Joe... Thanks bud. They look great! I have a few sets of their carbon as well I have one of the 1/24th and one of the 1/20th carbon fiber twill weave. Trying to figure which will look best on our 1/16th scale builds. too bad they don't have them in 1/16th huh...lol :D

Can't imagine the effort You put on that model I'm very impressed of the details. Killer Chevy dude, been watching this for a long time.

I found an amazing photo a while back, but can't even recognize what car is it... maybe u guys know :rolleyes:

http://public.fotki.com/grzessk/302i/37716-1464572620344.html

Would love to see more pics of that car and videos how it runs, etc.

Cuz i really want that one on my shelf in 1:24/25 scale, but dunno what kits should i buy, and the only 2 pics aren't enough to build it.

btw I'm working on a gasser '64 GTO right now, want to make it look like the famous '65 Zombie GTO, 1:24 scale :P

Keep up that good work Joe!

ps. sorry for my bad english.

Can't imagine the effort You put on that model I'm very impressed of the details. Killer Chevy dude, been watching this for a long time.

I found an amazing photo a while back, but can't even recognize what car is it... maybe u guys know :rolleyes:

http://public.fotki.com/grzessk/302i/37716-1464572620344.html

Would love to see more pics of that car and videos how it runs, etc.

Cuz i really want that one on my shelf in 1:24/25 scale, but dunno what kits should i buy, and the only 2 pics aren't enough to build it.

btw I'm working on a gasser '64 GTO right now, want to make it look like the famous '65 Zombie GTO, 1:24 scale :P

Keep up that good work Joe!

ps. sorry for my bad english.

That picture is a Henry J, usually you would find them as a gasser.

Thx for the answer man, but still can't find more photos of that strange one with rear engine (the front, undercarriage, interior). If somebody knows more about that car, PM me ...Can't build that car with the 2 only pictures :)

sorry for spamming here Joe :wacko:

Thx. Guys, No worries Greg. That car in the link you provided is actually a Henry-J wheel stander. Thought since i was replying i would throw up a picture, I turned down the tops for my micro nitro fire bottles on the lathe, I still need to turn down the gauges for them and i'm waiting on some parts to do the lines. I hope to have the whole back section of the fire system done this weekend if all the parts show up. I also did my racepak dash, I did the back round in silver so the buttons on the decals would show up. I still need to add the plug and wires to the back, I used the slixx 1/16th goodie sheet, There is some really nice stuff on that sheet.

15E388C9-C7DC-400F-87B3-8E918CFF75E8-1110-00000172CDB562FD.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

Thx. Bill and Jim.

Ted, I can make little stuff like that. I'm not good enough to do wheels and such right now, I'm sure in the future i may try some bigger stuff. For the 1/12th Drag radial camaro i will be starting once i get the tires and rear wheels. I will be hopefully picking up a mill and will use it alot on that project as the whole motor will be scratch built.

You'd have to be burning the midnight hour many days to turn out wheels like Jim - he's the best!

Your TDR tires should be in next Tuesday. That was pretty quick. I'll send them directly to Jim.

This tuesday? man that was quick, Yeah it would take me a long while to figure out how to do the wheels lol.

joe, if you are interested i did a tutorial on SMC on how to machine these very wheels and the tires.

008-2.jpg

also rear floater hubs and rotors to fit the wheels.

007-2.jpg

they aren't to difficult but, they do require alot of concentration and some time. best of all once you know how to do it,......you'll know forever.

Dave, Can you Pm me a link to that write up? I had some time to spare today so i started on my new intake, the lower half and runners are styrene the bottom of the intake is aluminum and the upper half is renshape, I need to try and get some more of the renshape. First time i worked with it and it's great stuff, Hope to try and get the throttle body built tommarrow. The throttle body will be at the back of the engine. Still need to try and put the front end on and hope the intake clears lol. I think this intake looks more in proportion to the engine than the original.

9B210273-D700-4CE2-BE6B-CA45D97D09B2-2364-000002C1B474AB12.jpg

94366310-12AB-4771-9919-3B4285100A4D-2364-000002C1A6E0219D.jpg

Joe here is the link to one of the posts that Dave has on the Site about turning and milling your own wheels.

www.scalemotorcars.com/content.php?r=295-Machining-1-8th-scale-Beadlock-Rims-Part-1

He has a very detailed and breaks down the process for anyone to understand.

I have to say it is fun using a lathe and mill. Takes some time getting use to. In fact should have my own wheels turned as well soon enough. Excited to have a finished product of my own.

Edited by eviltwincustoms

What is Renshape, how much is it, where can you get it, and finally is it something that comes in "blocks" that you can carve up or is it some mix-together epoxy-like stuff that you have to make in a mold or something?

ANSWER ALL MY QUESTIONS !! :))))))))))