Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hudson gasser!

jeffs396

Thanks again everyone!

I had my doubts about a gasser with this "bathtub" body style, but I think it can work! Doesn't look as "slabsided" with the rear wheel openings cut out.

Bernard, cool photochop! B) I seriously thought about altering the wheelbase, as it does look a little long to me, but I really don't like the looks of the AWB cars so much, even though they are a key part of drag racing history and did serve a purpose in their day.

Virgil, my plan is to remove all of the trim from this one, and possibly drill all of the tiny trim holes, kinda make it a "barn find" that was slightly freshened up, and now serving duty as a wicked street-driven work-in-progress B)

This one is really cool! I said in other thread that it should be nice to see Gasser Hudson, and now.... I can see one. It looks very good and this shows that I have to buy third Hudson kit too, when I got first two bought. And wow, AWB looks good, when I get this one, needs to make one Altered WheelBase Hudson... Your project looks very good so far, stance is great. Keep it coming, I'm watching this one too.

Looking for opinions on this thought...was thinking about doing a one-piece flip front end on this?

Is this something that would have possibly been done in the sixties on a 1:1 gasser, or was it just done with kits?

I'm ready to start cuttin', so let me know! ;)

Is this something that would have possibly been done in the sixties on a 1:1 gasser,

Well, since you asked, no, probably not.

The Hudson was a much too heavy car to be competitive in the gas classes.

And while there was nothing in the rules to prevent it, what would be the point in spending all that time and money to build a car that couldn't win?