Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Camaro outlaw prostreet updates 11/19/11

tyrone

Thanks Robert, Vince, Virgil... I got home and could'nt help but do a few mocks ups since the paint is nice and dry, I used Tamiya black paint, got a few spots to fix, mainly the cowl hood but it's geting there, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

001-8.jpg

006-8.jpg

004-9.jpg

005-8.jpg

009-7.jpg

very very cool !

Hey !!! I was gonna say that :angry::P . I admit I wasnt to fussed when you were hinting at going black on it but have to admit it does look Good. Personally I think black needs a lot of chrome or graphics to bring out the body lines but again thats just my opinion and again ,it does look good

thanks guys for the comments, I'm glad you all like it, Michael the Tamiya paint was from a spray can, It turned out pretty good, I'll wet sand the body, apply the hockey sticks, and the lay on some clear,, Brett I like the chrome trim as well,, this one will get bmf around the windows, side markers, tailight lenses, and I'll put the chrome door handles back on also I love when these cars have a stock looking appearance, but have that wicked stance to them and SUPER CLEAN.....

Randy for my A/N fittings I use pro tech pieces whenever I can, I also use very small craft beads and crimp tubes from Michaels, they work well also and they are alot less expensive, so it does not hurt as bad when you loose them by dopping them on the floor lol..Not knocking Charlie's stuff at all, but doing the nitrous type engines takes a lot of fittings... here's a pic of them.

007-6.jpg

Tyrone...question for you. After seeing this beautiful build, and the image you posted for the Beadalon beads and tubes I went out and bought some myself. Now, they didnt have the Crimp Beads so i bought the Crimp Tubes Variety Pak.

Is there a functional difference between the beads and the tubes? Or is it only a matter of preference

DSCI0263.jpg

Edited by Evil Appetite

Hey Michael, when I make up my hoses I use the crimp tubes to attach to what would be the fittings, and the crimp beads where my lines attach to the carbs, fuel regualtors ets, I noticed the pack of beads you bought does not go down to size #0 like mine does, that's the size that I mainly use because they are the smallest ones and work great in fitting the smaller braided hose for fuel lines and some of the oil lines. here's a pic to see what I mean...

014-4.jpg

Fellas, I got the body wet sanded tonight and it's nice and smooth, I also went ahead and added the hockey sticks on the fenders, I'll also add the emblems to the fenders, I have question,, should I go with black, gold or leave the rear beadlock rings chrome. I was thinking about going with black, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

004-10.jpg

008-11.jpg

011-7.jpg

005-9.jpg

009-8.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Hey Michael, when I make up my hoses I use the crimp tubes to attach to what would be the fittings, and the crimp beads where my lines attach to the carbs, fuel regualtors ets, I noticed the pack of beads you bought does not go down to size #0 like mine does, that's the size that I mainly use because they are the smallest ones and work great in fitting the smaller braided hose for fuel lines and some of the oil lines. here's a pic to see what I mean...

014-4.jpg

ahhh ,i hadn't noticed yours started at 0. I'll be going back eventually so i'll keep an eye out for those beads. Thanks for the reply tyrone, much appreciated

Tyrone, I'm betwixt and between gold and black. If no other graphics are going on that would compliment the bead lock color, go with gold. Otherwise black would look good as long as it doesn't make the rims look too small in diameter.

My personal preference would be Gold, for a couple reasons. Like Joe said using a Black beadlock will visually make your wheel/tire blend together and look smaller. The other being, I like black and all... but to much black and you completely go the other direction and lose the effect.

I guess it really matters what you are wanting to accomplish. Are you after understated? Then I would say even use a Dull Coat for the body and go with flat black beadlocks. But if you want the Gloss Black to stand out, hit it with Gold beadlocks as an accent.

Otherwise, you totally pulled this one off and it looks amazing! Can't wait to see if wrapped up with all the factory sponsor decals and such. Sweet job!

Edited by eviltwincustoms

This has really turned out fantastic and its still not done. Love how the carbs show through the scoop.

Here's a mock-up of the gold or black bead locks and I personally like the gold if the there are going to be colorful decals to accentuate the gold beadlock, other wise, I'd stay with the black and not introduce a new single-use color.

BlkOrGold.jpg

In the long run though, its your build, your choice Tyrone. Either way, I'm sure it'll be perfect.