Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Venting Spray Booths

Here, check this out, might help ya:

http://www.modelcars...th&fromsearch=1

I haven't really read the whole thing but it should be good coming from Sir Cranky. :)

Two VERY important things to consider:

1. Make SURE it is vented all the way OUTSIDE of your house and not into the attic (a filter would be a good addition too).

2.Be EXTREMELY careful if you use a fan. You need one that will not create any electrical arcs or sparks when running. VERY IMPORTANT

Oh, and please, PLEASE wear a proper respirator when spraying!

Hope this helps...

By the way, I vent mine straight out through my old oil burning furnace flue pipe and spray in a homemade booth in my basement that connects to it.

EDIT: There's a bunch of info on this site.. Click the search function (the little magnifying glass icon)

at the search screen: type booth where it says "find words" and the next line that says "match", leave the first box alone at all words and change the second box to only search in titles. I found quite a bit of info doing that. Hope ya find what you need. ;)

Edited by Wayne Buck

And, it works very well. I just place the panel into the doorway, close the slider against it and insert the vent hose. When I am done painting, I remove the hose and the panel, then I can close the door. It's a lot better than cutting a hole into the wall for the vent.