Model Cars Magazine Forum

What else do you collect

7 to 8 thousand??!!! :blink::huh:^_^

yeah, that could be a high estimate but it is realistic. I only display the current year though.

C'mon, they're only a buck. Consider the timespan, I'm 51 and I started with Matchbox when I was 3.

I did have them all hanging in the garage at one point (still carded), when I moved, it was a two day job JUST to remove the thumbtacks from the wall. The cars had already been packed.

Edited by samdiego

I collect weapons,nothing really extraordinary in my collection though.

I see a lot of members here collect or are familiar with Matchbox cars.

I bought a few eleven years ago before my son was born to decorate his room.

This one in particular I noticed was mislabeled so we never opened it.

Really just cause I thought it was cool.

Out of curiosity does anyone know if it is of any importance?

Its labeled 55 Chevy.

IMAG0799.jpg

Groucho/John, very nice 1:1 cars! i love the Model A coupe and i've seen the 'vette before online and in a few magazines ^_^

Thanks! Can one of you answer a question? On all BUT this thread, I'm automatically subscribed to the thread once I've posted there. Why not this one, and how can I add it, so when I go to "my content" it'll apppear with the other threads I'm attached to?

Edited by Groucho

Thanks! Can one of you answer a question? On all BUT this thread, I'm automatically subscribed to the thread once I've posted there. Why not this one, and how can I add it, so when I go to "my content" it'll apppear with the other threads I'm attached to?

I'm not sure why it's not showing in your watched content, but here is how you can watch it. At the very top of the topic page, you will see a button that says "Watch Topic", just click that and that will take you to a screen where you can select the method of email notification you want, then click proceed.

If by chance the "Watch Topic" button says "Stop Watching Topic", then you are watching the topic and I'm not sure why you would be getting notifications in all but this thread.

Also, you can also watch topics even without replying to them by using the "Watch Topic" button, and it will always be at the top of each topic screen.

B)I DON'T COLLECT ANYTHING! I'M GOING TO BUILD EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE COUPLE OF HUNDRED UNBUILT KITS. AND ALL THOSE BOOKS ARE JUST FOR REFERANCE WHEN I DO. OH, YEA THE TOOLS. CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT THE TOOLS. HECK NO, I'M NOT A COLLECTOR! I'M A BUILDER! ;)

Now how many of you are builders?

B)I DON'T COLLECT ANYTHING! I'M GOING TO BUILD EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE COUPLE OF HUNDRED UNBUILT KITS. AND ALL THOSE BOOKS ARE JUST FOR REFERANCE WHEN I DO. OH, YEA THE TOOLS. CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT THE TOOLS. HECK NO, I'M NOT A COLLECTOR! I'M A BUILDER! ;)

Now how many of you are builders?

Pete, I see your point, because I'm a builder, too. I don't care if I'd buy the rarest, most expensive factory sealed kit I could find on ebay, as soon as the kit would hit my grubby hands, that shrink wrap is GONE!! But I have to ask this as a builder, do you not call all your unbuilt kits your "collection"? All of my unbuilt kits are my collection, because I've collected them through the years. I'm not sure how you see it, but I kinda see it this way, I collect unbuilt kits I'm going to build one day, but I don't "collect" them for their monetary value.

Edited by highway

I'm not sure why it's not showing in your watched content, but here is how you can watch it. At the very top of the topic page, you will see a button that says "Watch Topic", just click that and that will take you to a screen where you can select the method of email notification you want, then click proceed.

If by chance the "Watch Topic" button says "Stop Watching Topic", then you are watching the topic and I'm not sure why you would be getting notifications in all but this thread.

Also, you can also watch topics even without replying to them by using the "Watch Topic" button, and it will always be at the top of each topic screen.

Mine says stop watching topic, yet still won't join ranks with ALL the others I've attached to.

Edited by Groucho

Pete, I see your point, because I'm a builder, too. I don't care if I'd buy the rarest, most expensive factory sealed kit I could find on ebay, as soon as the kit would hit my grubby hands, that shrink wrap is GONE!! But I have to ask this as a builder, do you not call all your unbuilt kits your "collection"? All of my unbuilt kits are my collection, because I've collected them through the years. I'm not sure how you see it, but I kinda see it this way, I collect unbuilt kits I'm going to build one day, but I don't "collect" them for their monetary value.

AGREED! All my diecast (HUNDREDS) come out of the package and put in displays for MY enjoyment. Not for profit. My unbuilt plastic kits are that way because I haven't got around to them yet. But, most my unbuilt kits are no longer sealed. I open and take a peak soon as I get them home to see what goodies they came with Edited by Groucho

Mine says stop watching topic, yet still won't join ranks with ALL the others I've attached to.

The only other thing I could think of then is click "Stop watching topic", then click "watch topic" to reset it and see if that helps.

The only other thing I could think of then is click "Stop watching topic", then click "watch topic" to reset it and see if that helps.

That didn't work. But, I noticed that the "watch this" is on display on threads I AM subscribed to. Weird, huh?

I guess this just goes to prove old threads never die, they just have to wait for members to take the time to get back to them! :)

I have to ask Brian, what is all over the Dale Sr car in the front row, or is it a raced version?

Hey Matt! The Dale Sr car your talking about came from the thrift store. All beat up. I think they were trying to make the Daytona or Dega wrecked car that he finished the race after the roll over. I have a real replica in 1:64. Nice collection Matt!

Hey Matt! The Dale Sr car your talking about came from the thrift store. All beat up. I think they were trying to make the Daytona or Dega wrecked car that he finished the race after the roll over. I have a real replica in 1:64. Nice collection Matt!

I can't believe someone could ruin a fine diecast like that! :lol::lol:

Of course, I know about the 1:64 scale of the Daytona wreck car, it would be this one! :lol:

HPIM1810.jpg

HPIM1811.jpg

HPIM1812.jpg

I'm glad you like the collection, and the bad part of it is that is not even scratching the surface of the collection! I even have the 1:64 scale of his first car, the old pink #K2 Ford. I also have many of the 1:64 scale transporters. Here's just a few of those.

HPIM1890.jpg

My love of Dale Sr. even crosses back into the model collection, I have quite a few different Revell kits of many of his different cars, and at least 12 to 18 aftermarket decal sheets to build others, plus this 1:32 scale transporter, complete with cars for it to haul.

HPIM1862.jpg

HPIM1863.jpg

HPIM1864.jpg

Of course this was tongue in cheek reply but you make a good point. I suppose it is a matter of semantics but I have an inventory not a collection. Collection to me means a group collected to be admired and preserved as is. Inventory means a group of raw materials assembled to make something. Now this is not Webster definition, just my opinion and frankly, I know that these models will be here long after I am gone. I have a real interest in each purchase and would like to build them. I know I won't live long enough to build them all, but I do want to have them so when I want to build them, I don't have to pay exorbitant ebay prices. I also think that a collector always have an eye out to upgrade the pieces in their collection. In their case, condition of the box matters, sealed vs unsealed, etc. I really could care less about the box and the wrapping. If the pieces are all there, I am happy.

Of course this was tongue in cheek reply but you make a good point. I suppose it is a matter of semantics but I have an inventory not a collection. Collection to me means a group collected to be admired and preserved as is. Inventory means a group of raw materials assembled to make something. Now this is not Webster definition, just my opinion and frankly, I know that these models will be here long after I am gone. I have a real interest in each purchase and would like to build them. I know I won't live long enough to build them all, but I do want to have them so when I want to build them, I don't have to pay exorbitant ebay prices. I also think that a collector always have an eye out to upgrade the pieces in their collection. In their case, condition of the box matters, sealed vs unsealed, etc. I really could care less about the box and the wrapping. If the pieces are all there, I am happy.

I know you were being tongue in cheek, Pete, but that was just a question that came to mind. I like the idea of calling the the unbuilt kits an inventory, too. That's something I'd never thought of, and probably why I considered the inventory a "collection".

I also agree the kit collectors always seem they have to have everything perfect, and it just doesn't matter to me, that's why no matter the kit, the shrink wrap comes off as soon as I get home. I even seen one member here asking once in the trade section for factory sealed kits only. What's the point? I think the kits he was offering were factory sealed, but demanding the same in the trade was a little over the top in my opinion. I had some of what that member wanted, but since they demanded factory sealed kit, it wasn't even worth my time trying to make a trade. I see it the same as you Pete, if all the parts are there, it doesn't make a difference if it's wrapped or not.

One thing with kit collectors I've noticed too is they care about if it is an original versus a reissue. There are some kits I laugh at on ebay because the seller thinks just because it's an original issue, it's worth more. Other kit collectors may see it that way, but as a builer, why would I pay $300 for a kit of XYZ subject to build when I can by the reissue for $30!

Actually, I forgot. Although I don't really buy that many anymore, I have dozens and dozens of Matchboxes of various descriptions.

I loved Matchbox cars when I was a kid and still do.

Andy- 12 years old and playing with HotWheels is great! I did, too. And it sure beats video games, and a lot of the other things a lot of twelve-years-olds seem to get themselves into. (After teaching for nine years, I've seen enough of it.)

Charlie Larkin

I no longer actively collect but I have several boxes of Gold and Silver age comics. I am still a warehouse of comics knowledge.

This from over 30 previous years of collecting/dealing. I am Marvel Zombie, but I have many first appearences from DC as well. I also have about 20 pieces of original art, mostly silver and Bronze age with about 7-8 covers.

Bob

Bass guitars,up to 7.......

Sounds like a similar sickness in my household too....

GRM075-vi.jpg

L-R: Honer Acoustic/Electric- El Cheapo Carlos Robelli that sounds great for slapping-Yamaha RBX-550 converted to fretless-Amaerican Made California series Fender P-bass w/ Semor Duncan 1/4lb. pick-up's & a Hipshot detuner-Schector diamond series Studio 8 string- Yamaha RBX-775 5 string

The_Twins004-vi.jpg

Ibanez BTB QM405 5 string & a BTB qm404 4 string. They both have 18 volt Bartolloni active pick-up's and the 4 string has a Hipshot detuner also.

Picture062-vi.jpg

Amplification via a Gallein-Kruger RB1001 780 watt head and a G-K 4 X 10" SBX cabinet. On the bottom (no pun intended...) is a Carvin single 18" bin. I can make nails back out of walls...

Pedal board includes a Boss digital tuner-VOX volume peday-MXR Blowtorch overdrive. Looking for a good Chorus and Octave unit now...

BTW: We start on our self-produced C/D this winter. Hard Rock-Metal edged style with much influenecs from Pantera-Rage-AC/DC-Tool.

Guest Markus355

I collect: Guns. Ammunition (not just the calibers i have guns to, but any old or odd ball calibers. I have a FMJ .303 british round dated 1915.) Magazines. hot rod specifically. my family as a whole collect antique cars between me and dad, my uncles, and my grandfather we have the following:

1934 chevy Master Cabriolet

1936 Maple leaf 2 ton dump truck

1937 GMC 1/2 ton

1937 Chevy panel van

1939 Chevy 4 door

1952 Chevy 2 door (still with its original paint and only 29,000 miles)

1957 Bel air convertible (245 horse power pak car, conti kit, and skirts)

1966 Impala SS (283 car)

1966 2 Door post bel air,

1973 Camaro (z/28 clone, sort of)

1978 GMC 1/2 ton

1987 Monte carlo SS aerocoupe

1984 Oldsmobile 98 (never seen winter, mint condition)