Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dr. Cranky

Thanks, Don, yes, it's one of my faves too. I think it will probably the second build for 2012. I will start with one of the 41 Willys in part because I love the kit, but it's also very easy and will make for a nice transition into the rhythms of assembly, detailing and finishing!

Sure thing, Jay--Craig Fraser has a store out West called COASTAIRBRUSH.COM and through it he sells all the amazing templates that he's done for Iwata/Medea. Some are too big for 1/24th, but there are lots of good ones. Check them out.

Early this year, I went to a fabric store and picked up a whole bunch of tule, lace, mesh, veil, doilies, anything I could spray through and I've been using those things. You can pick up templates from all sorts of places, including produce bags, etc . . .

It's a lot of fun to gather a nice collection of these things. I've used cheese cloth to good effect . . . combs, brushes . . . ANYTHING!

You can also check out the Nail Art template and those are very cool and very much in scale too.

Sorry, here's the link:

http://www.coastairbrush.com/categories.asp?cat=19

Thank you, Ray.

Todd, those big flakes are a little difficult to work with, they come out of the airbrush (I used my Paasche H with the number 5 head) really random and scattered. You'd have to apply lots of coats to get a uniform look. I just stopped after 2-3 coats . . .

For a more scale look, I rather use the Duplicolor CLEAR FX.

I don't get it , who's da devil from Pgh ?

Hope you were paying attention on the bare metal foil segment ! Good Lord ! You have got your work cut out for you ! As pretty as the paint work is , the chrome work will really set them off , wait and see !

I have a feeling Eyegore is about to learn a whole new vocabulary , none of it repeatable outside the shop !

Bwahahahaahahaha !

LOL! Mike, thanks for sprucing up the pics. They look much better and you can see the shine on them. Thank you everyone. I am trying to get the all done before the family starts arriving for Xmas and already today, I painted one and the other went into the Purple Pond. So it goes. Tomorrow is another day.

Donn, I don't know, there's this old man out in Pittsburgh who sure knows how to paint up a mean model, and build one too. HA!

You are not kidding, I will have to go slow on all the foil or else I might just go crazy, which is why I'm starting with the 41 Willyes . . .they tend to be easier to foil than the rest.

EYEGORE is already screaming a few expletives I've never heard of and I cannot repeat them here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jason, great to have you on board on this forum. You are going to fit right in, but your first order of business is to please share your eye candy.

Jason is a heck a builder, everybody. I really love your builds.

Please share the eye candy with the rest of us!

Andy, I have most of those . . . they still need to make most of them NANO because the MINIs are still a bit large. They are perfect for RC cars, but the best size are the NANOS for 1/24th and 1/25th!

I think they are probably working on it.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

My pleasure, Jay!