Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

So my technical is coming along nicely. I've got most of the build done, just waiting on the solvent to cure on my gunner system.

I may be adding a few more details bit's n pieces wise before I prime it, but for the most part it's ready to go on to the painting stage.

...I'll post pics later.

I totally understand the wholesome fun issue of this build thread. I am having a blast building 'Bad Karma' when I get the chance to work on it. But I have a question, & this maybe the 6am & I just crawled out of bed talking, but, with the boxes or armour on some of these vehicles covering the door lines, how does a person get in or out with a quickness in case of a zombie attack? lol Just a dumb 6am, 1/2 awake, don't want to go to work question. lol

Edited by hotrodblder

but, with the boxes or armour on some of these vehicles covering the door lines, how does a person get in or out with a quickness in case of a zombie attack?

You have to admit on 1/2 of these builds the laws of physics have been thrown out the window anyway, so why worry about the reality of ingress or egress routes? It's all in good fun anyway, but I'll admit it bothers me a bit too.

shawn...dont know if ur entry ques was fueled by my 54 chevy sedan delivery cause the passenger side door is blocked but the driver side is not...but im think'n u had a bad dream about zombies last nite if this is ur first thought at 6am...lol...

You have to admit on 1/2 of these builds the laws of physics have been thrown out the window anyway, so why worry about the reality of ingress or egress routes? It's all in good fun anyway, but I'll admit it bothers me a bit too.

Rob, I almost didn't recognize you, you changed your avatar! :lol:

You do bring up a great point, and that is to have fun with the build, but also be mindful of how the vehicle actually works within the confines of the story you are trying to tell. Most of these weapons used on these vehicles would probably damage the vehicle after the first or 2nd blast, but we would all agree the WEAPONS and other elements are what make these vehicles stand out.

LOL u guy r great yea 4 real life yad want a fast in and out incase of crash or gotta get in cuz zombies came outa know where while u wer taking a leak :) butt at same time sum of thes veacels mite have a home base where is secure so ther in nu rush 2 get in or out :)

LOL u guy r great yea 4 real life yad want a fast in and out incase of crash or gotta get in cuz zombies came outa know where while u wer taking a leak :) butt at same time sum of thes veacels mite have a home base where is secure so ther in nu rush 2 get in or out :)
I can't make heads or tails out of that statement. How about trying English? You know, decent spelling, capital letters, a punctuation mark that isn't used for a smily face?

Sorry about the avatar Virgil, I get bored with them after a while.

Edited by Jantrix

Has anyone thought about protection from an EMP blast that the goverment might do you slow the spread of the infection? I watched 2012: Zombie Apocalyse last night and in this movie the goverment did that. nothing worked except a ferry at the end of the movie. How would someone protect the electronics from this when not powered up?

Most of these weapons used on these vehicles would probably damage the vehicle after the first or 2nd blast.

And that happened a lot in real life too. The HMS Rodney did more damage to itself than than the Bismark did to it.

Has anyone thought about protection from an EMP blast that the goverment might do you slow the spread of the infection? I watched 2012: Zombie Apocalyse last night and in this movie the goverment did that. nothing worked except a ferry at the end of the movie. How would someone protect the electronics from this when not powered up?

EMP protection: Use vacuum tubes as per the Mig fighters from Russia. Use Mu metal shielding. Use a fiber optic based system.

Edited by otherunicorn

In regards to the question about getting in and out of some of these vehicles, some are still in progress so you never know what will come of them and as far as my Zombie Cruiser the hatch on top of the turret is for getting in and out, just like a real tank. But again, this is pure fun and accuracy and reality doesn't really apply here.

I think that's why most people are using older, fully analog cars for their builds.

Even without an EMP, you probably wouldn't want to be riding anything that required a computer to run. You may not have the necessary tools or expertise to fix the electronics, leaving you stuck if something conks out.

What about Flintstone powered :P. I never thought about the emp stuff when i started.. Oh well the h2 kit is curbside so I guess it runs on imagination. Maybe the owner converted it to a non computer vehicle. Or like in resident evil all the cars still ran tha had fuel in there tanks.

Edited by hotrod59f100

ken...i wish i could say i made it but the truth is it was one of 2 engines that came on a toy i found in a big lots store...the oil pan and transmission after left over from a army jeep i took apart for parts for the CheveHell and some for this build.... B)

I think that's why most people are using older, fully analog cars for their builds.

Even without an EMP, you probably wouldn't want to be riding anything that required a computer to run. You may not have the necessary tools or expertise to fix the electronics, leaving you stuck if something conks out.

Twas why I asked the question and why Nothing Matters is a 76. Yes in the interior there is a computer and radar gun convered to a thermial imager but I know enough about compters to swap out parts to make one work. Was just wondering if anyone else thought about when they chose the vehicle they built/building.