Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 POST APOCALYPSE/ZOMBIE HUNTER COMMUNITY BUILD

Dr. Cranky

i was astounded to see a respected ammunition manufacturer jumping on the bandwagon... Hornady sells "Zombie grade" ammo...

maybe it's just me that sees it.... are we setting ourselves up to actually trigger the ZA somehow? soon as you mention something unpleasant, what happens? riiiggghhhtt..... i mean, here we are almost ready to re-elect Obama.... the ZA wouldn't be too hard to see coming right after that.

according to all accounts, Zombies have little to no hand-eye coordination.... so find out who has the kit stash in your neighborhood. chances are, they'll be entirely unable to build those kits, so help yourselves.

i was astounded to see a respected ammunition manufacturer jumping on the bandwagon... Hornady sells "Zombie grade" ammo...

maybe it's just me that sees it.... are we setting ourselves up to actually trigger the ZA somehow? soon as you mention something unpleasant, what happens? riiiggghhhtt..... i mean, here we are almost ready to re-elect Obama.... the ZA wouldn't be too hard to see coming right after that.

according to all accounts, Zombies have little to no hand-eye coordination.... so find out who has the kit stash in your neighborhood. chances are, they'll be entirely unable to build those kits, so help yourselves.

...as far as I've seen, we're the kit stash in our neighborhood >.<

BUT! Hobbytown is only a bridge crossing away! They certainly wouldn't have any need for their inventory in the event of the apocalypse :P

Also just remembered a vehicle from a rather old movie (in movie years any way)

soldier07.jpg

from the movie soldier.. could be a good post apocalyptic vehicle not very fast but heavily armored

That thing is freaking cool!!!! How about starting with the International Paystar Hauler??? or whatever it's called! LOL!!

That thing is freaking cool!!!! How about starting with the International Paystar Hauler???

There is also a toy on the market right now that would work. I used one for a hot rod quarry truck!!!

It's a CAT 777 toy and it's around $17 so not too costly to cut up.....and it's assembled with phillips screws.

kat4-vi.jpg

I love movie vehicles so maybe some day.....

That thing is freaking cool!!!! How about starting with the International Paystar Hauler??? or whatever it's called! LOL!!

A whatsiewhat?

P1000883-vi.jpg

Oh, don't mind me. I'm going to have a lot of payhauler bits left when I;m done with this build. Flipping the dumper would probably give a suitable body for that beast.

The kit was missing wheels and engine parts.

P1000881-vi.jpg

Edited by otherunicorn

dude, I gotta get one of those trucks, where did you find it?

A whatsiewhat?

P1000883-vi.jpg

Oh, don't mind me. I'm going to have a lot of payhauler bits left when I;m done with this build. Flipping the dumper would probably give a suitable body for that beast.

The kit was missing wheels and engine parts.

P1000881-vi.jpg

Here is my entry. I am using an old AMT Canepa Kenworth model for the base and also will have a trailer to pull behind it as soon as I dig through my storage to find it. I am either gonna go with a mobile lab some scientist are using to reverse the zombie virus or a just a group of survivors living out of the truck and killing zombies along the way. I have just started it and my zombie loving 7 year old son will be helping along the way. I will post updates as I can but I work quite a bit so my progress may be slower then some.

005.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

001.jpg

So, I was thinking.

Just out of randomness, and the fact that it would coincide with my career-

Instead of a pest control truck or van, I could make a zombie control truck or van. Same basic concept of pest control, but with bullets and flamethrowers rather than bait and insecticide....

...I thought it was funny. :P

So, I was thinking.

Just out of randomness, and the fact that it would coincide with my career-

Instead of a pest control truck or van, I could make a zombie control truck or van. Same basic concept of pest control, but with bullets and flamethrowers rather than bait and insecticide....

...I thought it was funny. :P

I like it. I picture a van with equipment in the back. Sorta like a S.W.A.T. truck, but with more zombie effective weaponry.

Here are some photos of my project Viper for this build. Just a little back story to set the tone. A simple average man watches as his family first contracts an unknown disease, succombs to this and dies. Then endures the horror of watching them turn and ultimately having to kill them. He has become empty, dark inside. He has but one goal, kill every last zombie he encounters and ultimately find the persons responsible for creating this horrible virus and......KILL THEM

Well heres project viper. Base kit is Revells Viper SRT10. Ive removed the trunk lid, windshield frame and cowl. I then covered the passenger area and cowl area with one section of 1 mm thick styrene. The forward portion of the trunk area is the same. The drivers comparment was created out of 2 mm square stock then covered in 1 mm styrene. The turret is a 1/35 scale item left over from an M60 tank, as are the drive unit on the passenger door, power unit in the trunk. The gas tank is made from two M113 gas tanks. Im not sure of what gun I will mount yet. Thinking of a triple barrel gatling gun. Everything is simply mocked up for now. So here are the photos.

post-9371-0-91073400-1333067657_thumb.jppost-9371-0-60001600-1333067133_thumb.jppost-9371-0-27626800-1333067433_thumb.jp

Here are some photos of my project Viper for this build. Just a little back story to set the tone. A simple average man watches as his family first contracts an unknown disease, succombs to this and dies. Then endures the horror of watching them turn and ultimately having to kill them. He has become empty, dark inside. He has but one goal, kill every last zombie he encounters and ultimately find the persons responsible for creating this horrible virus and......KILL THEM

Well heres project viper. Base kit is Revells Viper SRT10. Ive removed the trunk lid, windshield frame and cowl. I then covered the passenger area and cowl area with one section of 1 mm thick styrene. The forward portion of the trunk area is the same. The drivers comparment was created out of 2 mm square stock then covered in 1 mm styrene. The turret is a 1/35 scale item left over from an M60 tank, as are the drive unit on the passenger door, power unit in the trunk. The gas tank is made from two M113 gas tanks. Im not sure of what gun I will mount yet. Thinking of a triple barrel gatling gun. Everything is simply mocked up for now. So here are the photos.

post-9371-0-91073400-1333067657_thumb.jppost-9371-0-60001600-1333067133_thumb.jppost-9371-0-27626800-1333067433_thumb.jp

Looks great! Can we get a top view? I am curious how the sizes of the extra styrene compare with your corvette. I will be needing to buy some myself soon and want to have a better visual comparison of the sizes. Thanks.

Wow Corey that brush bar looks sweet.

I am liking those spikes, Corey. Good job, keep it going.

Thank you, they were done late one night with some sprue, candle and a pencil sharpener. I was just experimenting to see what I could come up with. I hope to make some progress this weekend and post some more pics.