Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dr.Cranky's 3 day weekend build #2 .Feb 18,19 & 20 th

ranma

Rob, looks good, what red did you use?

Kyle, is that revells wrx kit?, the body looks odley shaped, been thinking about getting it if I can find one at a decent price

Paul, is it really already sunday there? hmm

If I had more yellow paint on hand I would of done the revells new camaro kit, but I dont

Not quite, I meant that my tomorrow is Sunday, you guys are still on Friday :huh:

Wow you fellas really know how to get stuck into a build :blink: I'd still be looking at the box about now :lol:

007-10.jpg

Wow that's looking great Paul, gotta love those S&M cars. That engine's looking mean too.

rideheightmockupa.jpg

Looking great already Luke nice and low :wub: Should be sweet if it turns out anything like you inspiration pic

what i started with. This is probably one of the worst cars i've messed with. started out with junk trying to make it look halfway decent

IMG_0986.jpg

Almost ready to paint

IMG_0999.jpg

I didnt take pics of the grey primer but here it is in the finished coat. Its ready for lettering now

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

The hack job on the chassis. still extremely rough. i have to sand everything down still

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

hey is that the Mpc kit Or a newer release ? If it's the mpc are u interested in trading the glass for something? I bought one but the glass is shot.

Initially I was going to do the Mini Cooper and then the Shelby Cobra just sang to me. I've had this kit for a while and I've always wanted to build one, so here it goes.

This is the Revell Kit.

Got all the parts cleaned and smoothed, and the body sanded and ready for primer. The chassis on this kit is a real beauty and easy to put together.

098-vi.jpg

I've fallen in love with this kit, how easy it all comes together, so I am sure i will be building a few more.

099-vi.jpg

It's 1/24h, buddy. The Revell Shelby Cobra "Street Burner".

I LOVE it. It's so cool. You have to smooth out the body because it does have a couple of lines and seams here and there, but nothing big.

I've got the body painted and decals are next while the other parts in primer dry over night . . .

102-vi.jpg

105-vi.jpg

107-vi.jpg

Well gang I'm going to sit this one out as well. My wife and kids had the audacity to want me to particiapate in a family outing this weekend. Sooooo............since I want to eat again and sleep in my bed and be spoken to .............I'm gonna go. You guys build on without me. :(