Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 Camaro.

ShawnS

Hi again. Here is the last model that I finished. AMT's 68 Camaro body with the chassis and most other parts from Revell's '69 Camaros.The hood is from the MPC/AMT 69 convertible It has MCG Photoetch, Keith Marks stripes and other decals from my spares box. The manifold and carbs were from Best Resin.

p1030700w.jpg

p1030706e.jpg

p1030703r.jpg

p1030702q.jpg

p2050417.jpg

p1030707x.jpg

p1030705c.jpg

p1030704u.jpg

It's the first time that I had detailed an engine to any extent. The carb linkages are made from brass rod and coke can and the fuel lines are made from evergreen, brass rod and old headphone wires. The belts are black electrical tape.

aa6l.jpg

p1160345.jpg

I counted parts from 8 different Camaro kits so it's a true kit bash, It took me a couple of months to piece it all together and it's one of my favourites despite the grief it gave me at times.

Thanks for looking.

ShawnS

That is really sweet, a awesome job in black no less! Kudos! And thanks for using a hosting site other than photobucket, or fotki, my filter blocks those, but imageshack and mynetimages it doesnt.