Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Enthusiast Series BMW B7 Turbo Coupe/1

wgflatliner

after scoring this kit for 10 bucks at a model contest, i finally decided to give it a whirl.

the kit is impressive with fitment thus far, and i spent a good while just on the engine alone.

DSC03503.jpg

DSC03505.jpg

DSC03501.jpg

DSC03500.jpg

DSC03499.jpg

i want to take my time with this kit, and don't plan on doing anything outside of what comes with the kit.

if anybody sees ANYTHING that i should do or fix or work on, please please please let me know.

Quick question on this kit. The floor pan in the interior is molded as if there is no carpet. It's like it has all the valleys and such as if the carpet was removed from the car.

I would much rather put a carpet in the car but it appears I might have to use flat styrene to cover the floor. Simply flocking the floor as it sits would not look right.

So, would you guys make a flat surface with sheet styrene, flock it, and make floor mats with other pieces of sheet styrene or what would you guys do?

those are cooool... i used to run parts/service at a grey market sales/service place... saw a lot of nice stuff...the owner of Valentine One has a fa$t B7 Alpina sedan[5 series body], among others....

745's are coool to....

Edited by weasel

• 1 year later...

i'm gonna be starting this one back up here pretty soon. i was looking up some Enthusiast kit pics on google and it came up with a pic of my engine!

So anyways, i was going through my stash trying to separate my new kits from started kits, and went to open the box and i was surprised to see i got as far as i did. The chassis was already done by myself previously! So i think once i get done with a couple other kits, i'll get this one off my bench next. (of course i SAY that, but what REALLY happens may be a different story lol)

i was already test fitting the chassis to the interior and the hood won't sit flush against the car when closed - maybe a general design flaw with the kit or i'm doing something wrong. but it will be fixed one way or another.

stay tuned!

Nice start...these were pretty dang cool for a late BMW.

On the carpet, I'd smooth up the floor some with panels cut from a for sale sign...the thinner the better, in this case. I would cover the entire floor with it...rather, I'd smooth off the areas that are heavily contoured and leave the large, major shapes unchanged. A lot of the European cars have/had quite a different approach to the floor coverings compared to American cars, especially when you have a model that has little compartments in the floor to stow electronics (as I'd imagine a BMW of this era does). Some good reference could be invaluable on this one.

Good luck and keep us updated.