Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

HEY! I'm New Here!

Hi, Everyone! I'm new here! I've been a 'Guest' for about 2 years now, decided to bite the bullet and sign up. I currently live in Upstate NY and have been building models off and on for that past twenty years or so. I've been building military armor for most of that, just getting into some 1:24 scale truck stuff now (not big rigs, but off-road stuff).

I'm not sure if my builds would pass muster here - but I sure am willing to share tips & tricks with all y'all.

That's All I got fer now!

Welcome Nathan. Builders of all levels here - and we all learn from each other too.

I always find it funny when people say "bite the bullet" (your not the first I have seen), when there is no cost or commitment to join the forum ;)

Anyhow, welcome and let's see some of your stuff!

I always like military converts - they usually bring in some new building ideas to the car world.

How's it goin' Nathan? I have learned SO much from the things I have seen posted on this site. I have joined in on two CBP's one of which is STILL not finished (go figure) lol, and one that I'm currently deeply into, the Zombie Apocalypse build. I'm having a blast with this one because I've always just build hot rods and muscle cars. This build is SO far out of the box it's not funny. My room mate thinks my imagination exploded all over my work bench. Any way, have fun, share and learn from everyone and everything you read here. Glad to have you.

It is interesting sometimes what we say and the meaning of it. I guess "Graced by my presence" would have been a bit much to say, huh? I'm way more humble than that. It does take some commitment though, especially time.

That, and "bite the Bullet" was the name of the band I was part of a long time ago.

Welcome. This is a good place to be.

I came from the model train world, so I can assure you, all types of modelers are welcome here. There is an "other models" section for when you go screaming bat-brained crazy and build something other than a car. I seem to be building about 1/2 cars and 1/2 other stuff these days.

There's also a chat room that's worth visiting.