Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chaparral 2D (as raced Daytona '66)

Dave B

HI guys,

Have just finished this build. Using Monogram's 2D, wheels from an LS 2C, resin tyres and a bit of scratchbuilding. Pics of this car at Daytona are few & far between but I have both Falconer's & Freidmans Chaparral books plus Friedmans Shelby GT40 which has a nice drivers side pic taken during practice. Will post a couple of more pics as well.

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

Dave B

Very Nice job there Dave. You added not only the external oil cooler but also moved the wing adjuster to the correct position, added the wing limiter blocks, center bar on the wing and the Prestolite and Cox sponser stickers. Except for the oil cooler all details missed by many.

Sure wish someone'd repop those Wheels!

Again Very Nice.

Edited by Crazy Ed

Nice job on the model, but my question is in regards to your backdrop. Is that brick pattern printed on paper, or is that some sort of "brick" molded plastic sheet that you detail painted? Also, what's the material used on the "concrete" running along the bottom of the wall?

Is that brick pattern printed on paper, or is that some sort of "brick" molded plastic sheet that you detail painted? Also, what's the material used on the "concrete" running along the bottom of the wall?

Hi Harry,

Both the wall/concrete base and the asphalt is printed on paper and mounted direct onto MDF. It's a real 'cheater' diaroma!! It is available from

http://www.cgtextures.com

Regards

Dave B

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. You had a close look Ed!!! I found a couple of mistakes after assembly and the 65 on the rear is wrong, the 5 should be lower than the 6. Looks OK in the cabinet though, thanks again.

Dave B

I try to keep my public comments on the positive side. Again, Good Job.