Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Bomber

Mr.Zombie

B)

"Nailed it!?!?!"

"DUDE YOU KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK MAN!!!!"

:D

That is one awesome build!!!

If there "is a way to build a rod," "THIS" is "THEE" way to build "IT"!!

You certainly fit the "bill" as a plastic craftsman!!

Your paint work is "knock my eyes out gorgeous" Man!

The detailing You put into this build is "out-standing" to say the least!!!

Thank You for sharing with Us here!

Later

Russ

;)

Edited by rustybill1960

As I finish about one model a year (if even), I have around, well... Five or so. And three or four in "progress". I built that one, and 2 '29 Ford Pickups, and modified a 1950 Merc Die Cast, Have the Ghostbusters Cadillac but that's very old, and a Chevy Stepside that was my first model car ever, and Mad Max Interceptor is still around. Then I built a Mercedes 200 Diesel but gave that away. In making are a Mack DM600 for five years now, 49 Mercury (3 years), 1959 Miller Meteor (7 years), and the T/A Gow Job that is in currently in the workshop.

Outstanding skills. Lovely details, too. Excellent choice of tyres. For me, they really make this build seem more realistic. The patched chop, the chipped paint on the suspension...So much to like about this model. Even my wife commented on how good it looks, which is praise indeed!

Thanks folks. Happy that you enjoy it.

Excellent choice of tyres.

Choice of the rubber is one thing, what is more important, I always sand the lips on the rim paperthin from the inside in the same angle the tyre has. All that so I can stuff the wheel into the rubber as much as it is possible, real tyres are inflated, and there is no real "step" between them and the rim. The Kit rims are always out of two pieces, if you sand 'em, you have to grind down a bit of the inner ring, actually as much as your new rim flushes more in that before sanding.

Many people tend to forget that, and kind of destroy their stuff by just putting the wheel together straigt oob.