Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Paints - hard to get

If you are talking about one of your LHS , it also depends on of fast they restock there supply as well, Tamiya paints sell pretty fast I am going to guess

They're pretty well stocked now. There was just a period of time when Tamiya was doing their reformulation and the hobby store couldn't get the paint...that's what they posted right on the paint rack as I said before. I didn't miss out on anything as I have another store to shop at too...they're cheaper too.

They're pretty well stocked now. There was just a period of time when Tamiya was doing their reformulation and the hobby store couldn't get the paint...that's what they posted right on the paint rack as I said before. I didn't miss out on anything as I have another store to shop at too...they're cheaper too.

I would think that everyone should be getting caught back up by now with the formula cans , its been a few months now

Not a reformulation, but RELABELING.. Thanks to the land of CA, and thier "Air Quality" rules....sorta like the C,A.R.B. rules...They screw up the air and WE all get to pay.....Then just when Tamiya was getting the new labeled stuff, The tsunami wiped out production plants and that set them back more. GOOD NEWS is that it is starting to come back...moving quite fast as most of us were Jonesing without!...I know I was out of TS6, and TS29.....both staples at my bench.

Not a reformulation, but RELABELING.. Thanks to the land of CA, and thier "Air Quality" rules....sorta like the C,A.R.B. rules...They screw up the air and WE all get to pay.....Then just when Tamiya was getting the new labeled stuff, The tsunami wiped out production plants and that set them back more. GOOD NEWS is that it is starting to come back...moving quite fast as most of us were Jonesing without!...I know I was out of TS6, and TS29.....both staples at my bench.

Thats what I meant, re label not formula , I dont know I why I said that

TS-29 (semi-gloss black) is still impossible to find in my local hobby shops & none of my usual online sources have had it in stock in months. I hope Tamiya gets these backorders filled soon before the Cal 'tards find another reason to jam things up again.

Maybe California will fall off. No offense to the California members.

Well crazyjim i happen to live here in California...and to be Honest with you.....I wish it would fall into the Ocean...i have so much as had it with Cal and the politics ..

Well whatever you do, dont move to AZ, we have enough Californian's here :lol::P

And Mexicans...according to the news.

So once I cross the Cali border, then everything on the planet will cause cancer? Man what do you guys have in the water out there? One favor though...before you drop into the pacific, could you send all the cool cars this way? Thanks!!

• 2 months later...

So it now appears as if the Tamiya Gloss Clear TS-13 is discontiuned. What the heck is going on? I just got to using this stuff and I am loving it and they discontinue, this sucks. Anybody have any idea why?

And Mexicans...according to the news.

So once I cross the Cali border, then everything on the planet will cause cancer? Man what do you guys have in the water out there? One favor though...before you drop into the pacific, could you send all the cool cars this way? Thanks!!

The nice cars should be kept around.

Wouldn't mind a few of the beach bunnies, either. :)

Charlie Larkin

TS-29 (semi-gloss black) is still impossible to find in my local hobby shops & none of my usual online sources have had it in stock in months. I hope Tamiya gets these backorders filled soon before the Cal 'tards find another reason to jam things up again.

Monty have you tried Squadron.com? I bought a few bottles about a month ago.