Model Cars Magazine Forum

WIP: 1/16 '68 Mustang Pro Mod

ClayK

Incredible engine work Clay! If I didn't know it's a model, I would say it's real deal. Fantastic detailing and great paint colors, too. The parts look very real, not at all like painted parts of plastic. Great job with the carbon fiber too.

Clay... what can I say that hasn't already been said. That engine is gorgeous and a work of art. You are amazing at what you do. That was some well worth bench time for sure. What did you use to paint the pro tech braided line? I also love how you used the dirt modeler tabs for the windows, gives me an idea for one of my next builds. Keep on doing what your doing. It is killer.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris I use Testors Acryl flat black jar paint for the hoses.

More engine work....I used a Shapeways Lenco tranny. I made the blanket from medical tape, and the straps and hardware are Studio 27 seat belts. I scratch built the shifter and machined the shifter pots. Just need to finish off the air lines.

PA303715z-vi.jpg

PA303714z-vi.jpg

I've also got more fuel lines on, as well as all of the throttle linkages. Just a few more things and the engine can be installed for good.

PA303713z-vi.jpg

PA303712z-vi.jpg

PA303717z-vi.jpg

Clay

Clay.... Wow and double wow... I am speechless. I swear this is the real deal. Theae updates have got me inspired to get my engine done on the funny car. I just finished getting the blower, injector hat and fuel pump designed (which will post pics in my thread of the final designs) and I just need to place the order with shape ways. i sure love this build of yours. Seeing your update has given me the drive to get back to the bench and make some serious progress on my build. Thank you for letting me know what you painted your braided line with. I am gonna try that on one of my next builds. Again Beautiful work my friend.

Thursday, October 30, 2014.

Dear Diary,

I was minding my own business, cruising the MC Forum, when I realized I must be satisfied with my current abilities because there are some people on this planet that I can only aspire to.

Edited by Nitrozilla

Wonderful work.!

Every part is so Clean,

It is a work of art,

I must ask you a funny question,

when you are done with a build at this level,that is the highest level i can Think of!

The next model you start building,is that just a "box stock" or something a Little more easy to build.?or do you get to Another super detailed build right away.?

Myself,when i have build something super detailed at my level, (way lower than yours) i need to relax with a easy build.

Thanks for the inspiration, i love this.

You've got some catching up to do if the photo's I saw recently are of your finished car... PS it looks insane.

Ah, yes...there was more building than photo taking those last few days before I left for Atlanta! The car is pretty well finished. I do want to add a few more things.

These pics were about two days before I left. So it is even further along than these....

PB043733z-vi.jpg

PB043734z-vi.jpg

PB043738z-vi.jpg

PB043741z-vi.jpg

PB043725z-vi.jpg

PB043732z-vi.jpg

The paint is HoK Tru Blue pearl at the back fading into HoK Candy Cobalt, faded into black. Then I masked off the flames and put a base of white down, with a quick coat of pearl white over that. Then I airbrushed the yellow and orange. Once unmasked I cleared everything with a couple coats of Omni 2 part clear. After that cured for a few days I polished it smooth, and re-cleared it to even out the falmes and make everthing smooth. I added the decals, then hand bordered the flames and the "Problem CHild" with One Shot lettering emamel.

Clay

Clay... what can I say my friend. That paint ia gorgeous. This build is just out if this world. Your talent sure shines through. I am gonna be sad when this is done becase it is such a pleasure to see your updates. Sure hope to see another 1/16th scale build from you.