Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jesse James outlaw garage - What did you think of it?

Decided to watch Jesse James new show Outlaw garage .

Love the DVR so I can fast forward through the reality show bull.

No I don't care what Jesse had for lunch and why( at least thats what it seems on these shows) I want to see the car or bike being.

I can see how the show will be scripted with the constant drama of the week(sigh) of who going to be fired or what doesn't meet his standards.

Despite all of this the 32 ford built for the show was cool. Hopefully the show will have some more interesting cars.

What does everybody else think about the show?

bobthehobbyguy

I haven' seen it, but based on your description it sounds like they are still making those shows about the personality and not about the build.

I like to see how they build cars, not necessarily all the personal drama.

I'll still check it out.

The same tiiiiiiiired, worn out premise of having to build a "perfect car" within a stupid amount of time!!!!!!!!!! These shows are getting so bad it's disgusting! Nobody has original ideas anymore! If it isn't singing, it's building something too fast!

I usually watch these shows with no volume. I am certainly more interested in the building..and most of all..the painting.

I do actually enjoy the show on speed called "Gearz". Lots of good products too.

Here is a great idea:

Lonewolf and Dr. Cranky doing a show on model building.

I have not seen the show nor do I care to watch it. After the ###### that Jesse put forth on Monster Garage and on Sons Of Guns, it makes me want to turn the TV off. Why Discovery Channel is dealing him again is beyond me. Shut it off and go build something!

I will still take him over the Drunken Killer Billy Lane

You say that like there is a big difference. one got caught, one hasn't yet.

Billy lane was master metal worker, with several degrees in engineering. Jesse James WAS a very hard working fabricator. The worst thing that ever happend to him was tv. Your absolutely right abou the money. They could make billions just by having him walk into random shops and throwing a tantrum on camera, never lifting a tool. It would sell.

I think now all those shows are based on drama only, I like what Austin Speed shop is doing, but I think it will be better if they show only the build! I stop watching American Choppers, Sr. Vs Jr. because I was sick to watch 1hr of show, where there is 30 minutes of building, and the rest drama, people that go to have a pedicure, people talking about people and bla bla bla...

In TV nowadays they want drama, this made audience... <_<

I think now all those shows are based on drama only, I like what Austin Speed shop is doing, but I think it will be better if they show only the build! I stop watching American Choppers, Sr. Vs Jr. because I was sick to watch 1hr of show, where there is 30 minutes of building, and the rest drama, people that go to have a pedicure, people talking about people and bla bla bla...

In TV nowadays they want drama, this made audience... <_<

I don't think there is even 30 minutes of building.

reason to tape it and fast forward through the drivel.t

It just to bad that the discovery has used American Chopper as the template for this show.

Just wish there was more car stuff. Like gears but don't get the speed channel and won't spend more to get it.

junk being produced I will say I am getting very close to pulling the plug on tv. Too many auction shows, reality crime shows and such.

Find it hard to believe anybody this stuff. Don't care if they do but don't fill up the channels with garbage.

bobthehobbyguy

Edited by bobthehobbyguy

I'm gonna get to meet Stacy David this coming Saturday. I'll be doing DJ work at Wisconsin Hot Rod Radio's 5th anniversary of the show. He's one of the guests. You could listen to this show every Saturday Morning at 9AM on 1340 Joy AM. Go to this web site and you can listen live by clicking the link, or you can go into the archives and listen to past shows. Capt. Bob & Arlo have interviewed many well known people over the years, including Jay Leno, Gene Winfield and many others in the hotrod realm. They even have a model car session sometimes with master builder Al Stout. I'v even been interviewed as car artist and car show DJ. http://www.wisconsinhotrodradio.com/

I'm a fan of Jesse James just for the simple fact of what he can form out of metal. What he does in his personal life and all the other bs on tv that goes on I could care less about. I'm just happy they finally put something on tv were they are building something that's not bolt on, donked, or rigged up. Even as good as Foose is (also a big fan) there was still a lot of stupid stuff they added to the show. It sucks but I don't think we'll ever get rid of that "reality ness" of the show. The only show I really liked was Rides, even the building shows on sat.-sun. Drive me a little crazy with all the commercials and other bs. You get like 13mins of show.

Just my opinion, I'd watch any of those shows against the shows my wife gets me to watch so when they are on I take my chances...lol!

Edited by JasonFL

I don't think there is even 30 minutes of building.

reason to tape it and fast forward through the drivel.t

It just to bad that the discovery has used American Chopper as the template for this show.

Just wish there was more car stuff. Like gears but don't get the speed channel and won't spend more to get it.

junk being produced I will say I am getting very close to pulling the plug on tv. Too many auction shows, reality crime shows and such.

Find it hard to believe anybody this stuff. Don't care if they do but don't fill up the channels with garbage.

bobthehobbyguy

Bob, I got rid of the tv 3+ yrs ago brother and let me tell you what, don't miss it one bit. Plus I obviously have internet and I have yet to have a problem finding what I want to watch. It may not be at the exact time its being aired but that doesn't really bother me. Sometimes I may have to wait a week to find it but it also gives me the ability to watch it at my leiser and not have to worry about being at the tv at a certain date and time. Folks spend all that money on cable or dish and there is nothing ever on. Just a waist of money to me. Not to mention I have three kids and they don't mind it and they're never "out of the loop" with there friends so to speak. Anyway, I'll check out the show as I've always liked the stuff Jesse has built but don't care for his personality either myself.

Guest Johnny

The only reason we have cable is it's free! We paid the first four years and after that the landlord furnishes it for free.

He also only raises the rent on people on fixed incomes an amount that is in line with what your increase is each year.(biggest increase was 15 dollars) and like the last two where we didn't get a raise he did not increase rent on us at all!

Bob, I got rid of the tv 3+ yrs ago brother and let me tell you what, don't miss it one bit. Plus I obviously have internet and I have yet to have a problem finding what I want to watch. It may not be at the exact time its being aired but that doesn't really bother me. Sometimes I may have to wait a week to find it but it also gives me the ability to watch it at my leiser and not have to worry about being at the tv at a certain date and time. Folks spend all that money on cable or dish and there is nothing ever on. Just a waist of money to me. Not to mention I have three kids and they don't mind it and they're never "out of the loop" with there friends so to speak. Anyway, I'll check out the show as I've always liked the stuff Jesse has built but don't care for his personality either myself.

It will be three years on manorial day for me, haven't missed not being able to decide what to watch yet.....

I'll watch it just because the only other shows I like are always reruns. Have it on DVR but, haven't watched yet. Update....O.K. I watched it, I'm now a fan of the show. The crew didn't let Jesse down, they built a cool hot rod, he got rid of the dead weight, my wife liked it taking time out from her novel. Jesse has a troubled past, beginning from childhood but, has overcome it with success, dragging along dark passengers. All the makings of a good show. Now I'm looking at the guide for more shows. What ever happened to Jesse James is A Dead Man?

Edited by rmvw guy