Model Cars Magazine Forum

1982 IMSA Mustang

sportandmiah

I picked this up at a show last weekend for $8.00 sealed. Man I love these shows. I can find oddball kits at crazy low prices, and I like the cars that are different from the day to day stuff.

The kit details are pretty sharp, hardly any flash, a very well tooled kit.

Here's the chassis in plastic white, 1 coat of metalizer, and a coat of Duplicolor silver.

DSCF2362.jpg

Chassisnew.jpg

ChassisSilver1.jpg

DSCF2375.jpg

ChassisCloseup.jpg

More to come.

I built most of that kit as a teen, I got most of it a bunch of junk I bought from a friend. It fits pretty good, they are actually awesome kits, even by todays standards. Mine had a meeting with some fire crackers when I didn't have enough parts to finish it.

I ran across a stack of these in the white and blue colors at a KB Toy liquidators years back for $4. a pop and loaded up on them. I got a set of the Miller aftermarket decals for one of them. They were very cool kits for the time !! :rolleyes:

Was your body straight ? I had one and the body was warped pretty badly.

I Have made a few of this kits and what I do to make sure the platform is flat and strait.

with a bow dryer , i heat it up while it seats in a flat surface and it tents to align with the

surface.....after that you can built it up just fine.

DSC09442Small.jpg

DSC09370Small.jpg

DSC09332Small.jpg

DSC09333Small.jpg

I hope this helps...I scratch built the intercooler using the plastic from a CD case.

I also mod the turbo, sanded out the filter and added the piece of metal tubing

for a more realistic look, also using juicy juice straus, I made the air ducts for the brakes.

plus plug wires.