Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lambo Miura

Last week while on E-bay, I won a bid and today I just received a cool Lamborghini Miura. Has anyone here build one of these? I hear it's a great kit and I remember seeing someone here build one. Just wanted to get some ideas on how to go about building it and seeing which colors would look good on it. Please help

I hope Marcos Cruz sees this. I'm pretty sure he posted up his Miura, and it was spectacular. At least I think it was him...

Yes Harry, thanks for reminding me, it was certainly Cruz who posted his. I think I will PM him and see if he can share it with me. Of course, I still want to see some others chime in.

Haven't gotten around to building mine yet... the color has me somewhat stymied. I'm leaning toward a yellow-orange with silver rockers and wheels, kind of like this one.

1971-lamborghini-miura-p400-sv-21.jpg

But navy blue with a white interior looks pretty good too...

lamborghini-miura-bible_gdVOe_5965.jpg

Love what Cruz did to his, wonder what color/paint he used to finish it?

Hi there guys, the color I used for the Miura is Scalefinishes Pontiac Bristol Blue, I had some left over after completing a '62 Catalina and thought it was the perfect shade for this car. The kit goes together well, I had a blast putting this one together and I am sure you will too!!!

A quick search of ebay shows that ESCI, Entex and MPC(!) also offered variants of the Miura. If for some reason I couldn't find the Hasegawa, would any of these be roughly similar in quality?

A quick search of ebay shows that ESCI, Entex and MPC(!) also offered variants of the Miura. If for some reason I couldn't find the Hasegawa, would any of these be roughly similar in quality?

In a word, no. In more words, the ESCI kit has poor body proportions but does feature partial engine detail and the Entex/MPC kit (I'm pretty sure they're the same thing) is a typical '70s motorized Japanese kit. The body shape is okay but the details are sorely lacking. The Hasegawa kit is much more recent and should be more readily available anyway.

I thought the Hasegawa Miura was one of the best kits I've ever built:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48008&hl=miura&fromsearch=1

I was coming at it after a Fujimi Enthusiast Model 288GTO, and I thought the Hasegawa engineers had done a great job on creating a kit that fitted together superbly, and had exactly the right amount of detail in all the right places.

web.jpg

bestest,

M.

Thanks for the replies fellas, glad to know it's a good kit as I love this style of car. Cruz, love the color you put on that thing, any left over paint? :rolleyes:

I still have a bit of it left and it should be good to cover another model. If interested just PM me!!