Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bruce larson`s: USA 1 Camaro F/C "Finished" pictures posted 7/12/12

Great work as usual John, also great to see you working on a Drag car again :D . Quick question, what kit is that blower manifold out of ? I dont remember ever seeing one that the blower looks like it actually bolts to the manifold

Great work as usual John, also great to see you working on a Drag car again :D . Quick question, what kit is that blower manifold out of ? I dont remember ever seeing one that the blower looks like it actually bolts to the manifold

Brett.......not sure about the blower/manifold.......my friend Art Laski gave it to me......I will ask him soon.......thanks

Nice work, John. But I have question, I was following your other build of the semi truck and trailer that all a sudden it like vanished, what happen to that project? Anyways keep up the very very good work and keep the progress photos coming on your projects.

Jim......thank you for your concern about the truck........while I am waiting for the decals to be finished .......I started this project........hope to have the decals soon........thanks

Very nice work John. Another great build of yours in the works. I like to see the use of sheet metal. What are you using for this?

Brad......the aluminum sheets I use.........I get from the local train store......they are really thin aluminum 4x8 sheets that you can cut with scissors and file really easy........ cost is cheap too........thanks.

John, great job bud! love the throttle plates, one area that's often overlooked. Your making great progress on this (as you do on all your builds) I think I got the rear tires/wheels on my F/C build since you started this.....hahahahaha...........................

Charlie

Pro Tech

Hello......thank you all for your kind comments.......using "Pro Tech" junction boxes and fuel line ...... I painted and plumbed them.......I made a fuel pump and a USA-1 belt shroud like the one on the 1:1 car........using insulation wire.......not perfect but, good enough for the girls I go with.......thanks for looking.

DSCF1050.jpg

DSCF1052.jpg

DSCF1064.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Jim......thank you for your concern about the truck........while I am waiting for the decals to be finished .......I started this project........hope to have the decals soon........thanks

Your welcome, John. I didn't know what happen, I looked in Under Glass as I thought you might have finished it without me knowing LOL and that I might have by chance over looked the thread update. I always watch your builds as you do them even at times when I don't comment I am always watching the projects. Keep up the very very good work that you on your project builds man and keep those progess photos coming please.

John the belt shroud looks GREAT. I'm going to have to download that, shrink it in Photoshop to scale so I can better appreciate what you did. That is what, 1/8th inch wide at most? Some day I have to see this up close.

Great job on the Camaro FunnyCar! I really like the detail work that you are doing and that fan shroud came out great. I really like seeing these FC builds, and you guys make me wanting to start my Jungle Jim Vega FC... :D

Hello......thank you all for your kind comments......I did some work on the Blower........scratch built injector and fittings.......I used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends and throttle linkage ........painted Alclad stainless steel with a light wash.......also made a fuel pump and scratch built fittings......I used "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends,throttle linkage, t`fitting and braided line........I still need to add some details to the blower and finish the plumbing on the fuel pump.......thanks for looking,

DSCF1064.jpg

DSCF1066.jpg

DSCF1069.jpg

DSCF1045.jpg

DSCF1079.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Oh my gosh John... you keep pulling new tricks out of your hat man. I am totally digging the belt shroud. Looks amazing. Loving the fuel pump set up. I am going to need to build one here real soon for my funny car. Then there is the Blower... man just loving the detail. Seeing your work is just giving me motivation to get more of my engine done on my funny car. As usual... awesome work my friend!! Wonder what you have in store for us next ;)