Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bruce larson`s: USA 1 Camaro F/C "Finished" pictures posted 7/12/12

Hello........thank you all for your kind comments.......I modified the front end.......scratch built shocks, steering linkage,foot brake and engine support tork bar painted alclad and installed...... scratch built roll cage, instrument cluster and master cylinders and installed.........steering wheel is on and I finished the "Pro tech" 5 point harness........brake lines are hooked -up.........scratch built primer/fuel pump and installed....... scratch buily shift linkage and attached to the transmission......."Pro Tech" fuel and water caps painted alclad and attached ......thanks for looking.

DSCF2232.jpg

DSCF2235.jpg

DSCF2227.jpg

DSCF2240.jpg

DSCF2221.jpg

DSCF2225.jpg

DSCF2228.jpg

DSCF2231.jpg

DSCF2255.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello.....thank you all for the kind comments......scratch built wheelie- bars weathered and assembled......I did some modifications on the body .......I removed 1/4 inch from the front end and re-shaped the fenders......thanks for looking.

DSCF2287.jpg

DSCF2285.jpg

DSCF2292.jpg

DSCF2293.jpg

DSCF2288.jpg

John, you have an automatic shifter but a 4 speed std transmission which is totally incorrect. That era FC usually ran Chrysler 727 TF's and/or TH400's as well as Clutchflites .........

:)

Edited by Alan

John is working from photos that I took of the real car. There are pics posted in the 1:1 section.

John- are you sure you didn't just sneak into Bruce's barn and take photos of his wheelie bars? Ha.

I was wrong. The pics I posted are here in the Drag Racing Models forum.

Edited by GoatGuy

I can tell you right now, it is totally wrong .......... The restored car has a modern B&M ratchet shifter and an auto transmission ... John's rendition is wrong period, he has a 4 speed in his model along with the auto shifter, so it twice as wrong in that regard. I don't understand going to those lengths to build a replica then to make such a mistake.

Can't wait to see this in paint. I am going to be working on a funny car project and I will need to make interior tin also. How do you get the right amount of curve in the tins so that it nestles properly against the inside of the body?

BTW, I think my favorite detail on this so far is the little spark plug wire holddown on top of the valve cover!

Chris