Model Cars Magazine Forum

Would you do this for your wife? Amust see..

The link doesn't work, but I get the gist of the idea from the thumbnail. If my wife needed me to do something like that or even more extreme to help her in a fight against cancer or some other disease, I'd do it in a second! My wife is already a cancer survivor, and I thank The Lord every day that she's in my life.

Around here locally they are trying to raise money for a local cancer center to buy a shuttle van to transport people to and from the office. A local specialty car shop donated a mid 90's Corvette and its touring the area raising money and awareness. With a dollar donation you can sign the car. Jay Leno and Arnold Palmer signed it. It was at the Autozone where I work and my store manager paid for the entire crew to sign it.

My wife passed away from Cancer three months ago. Would I have dressed in a pink Tutu for the cause? yes, I've had to do much harder things over the last 4 years. And if I had the chance to do it all over, even knowing the outcome, I would with out a second thought.

002-7.jpg

023-2.jpg

I would do that and any thing else to fight this terrible disease for your wife or mine........ FYI= Men get it too.

October is Breast Cancer Awarenss Month although I think it should be a year round thing myself !!

Maybe we could start a thread for pink builds to be mindful of this issue ?

I think that might make a really cool October theme issue...think pink, with a portion of the proceeds going to one of the proceeds going to a reputable cancer research institution- Mayo, Dana Farber, etc.

Perhaps some '50s builds, doing some type of pink stucco building, like we're seeing in Virgil's roadside pictures, or something like that.

We have enough creative people that we can pull this off.

Mom's going on 3 years remission; one of my closest friends lost his mother to this when we were sophomores in high school. Time to end the reign of terror this horrible illness in all its forms causes.

Charlie Larkin

I think a community build is a great idea, but how could it be worked to benefit cancer research?

Maybe contact some cancer association, and set up a auction during one of their events. Bigger is the association, more people will be there, and more money will be raised.

I did a similar thing for a local big association were a friend of mine belong. Every year they have a charity dinner auction, so I ask my friend what she though about one of my model (military diorama), that was connected on what the association represented. She was very excited about it, also because it was different than the other things they usually auctioned, but historically very important. Of course I was very happy, also after they told me how much money they raised with it.