Model Cars Magazine Forum

Oldsmobile Cutlass 442

Six-Fo

Hey, started this new build. Will be box out build with maybe some little detailing.

I usually build lowriders and customs but this time I thought I should go with something simple to clear my mind and bring me back to the shape(havent built anything serious since last summer). Plus it was interesting to do some research about the actual car.

P1010750.jpg

P1010738.jpg

P1010765.jpg

P1010781.jpg

P1010784.jpg

P1010785.jpg

P1010789.jpg

Thank you very much guys. Will try to post up as soon as I have some more progress, need to start working with interior then move on with the body.

So far, so good. That kit really is nicely done, isn't it?

Yes its kinda the best Revell kit I had my hands on. Very interesting details(lots of optional parts) and fine engravement. Fitment sometimes needs to be double-checked but once together its all very tight and nice.

Off to a Good start, I like the Paint. btw I sent you a pm

I didnt get any PM :unsure:

Oh btw guys, has any of you had any issues with rear wheels assembly? As you can see on one of the pictures, they look like seriously bent on the axle. The hole inside, where the wheel pin goes, is not straight I guess.

Edited by Six-Fo

Yes its kinda the best Revell kit I had my hands on. Very interesting details(lots of optional parts) and fine engravement. Fitment sometimes needs to be double-checked but once together its all very tight and nice.

Based on what I've read on the hobby boards I belong to, the vast majority of people who built this car were more than satisfied with it. What part(s) on yours needed to be double checked for proper fitness?

I notice you're going to be using Zero paints. Are they lacquers? The copper looks like a shade Oldsmobile had back then called Persimmon. Beautiful color. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Based on what I've read on the hobby boards I belong to, the vast majority of people who built this car were more than satisfied with it. What part(s) on yours needed to be double checked for proper fitness?

I notice you're going to be using Zero paints. Are they lacquers? The copper looks like a shade Oldsmobile had back then called Persimmon. Beautiful color. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

One of the exhaust manifold and Oil filter seem not to have friendly relationship, now the oil filter is not very straight, and the exhaust pipes didnt line up with manifolds. Just some little details need to be adjusted before using glue. Nothing biggie.

I'm not sure what the paints are, words like acrylic and lacquers and stuff confuse me :D

Maybe you can find info from somewhere here(its the only place that sells these paints):

http://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=48_77

They are amazing paints, dry really fast and once clearcoated they will pop.

The custom paint is something I thought should be Oldsmobile Saddle Bronze, I asked Steve(the owner of shop) to make it visually mach with some googled pics i gave him, 100% accurate match didnt matter, as long as it looks good.

The custom paint is something I thought should be Oldsmobile Saddle Bronze, I asked Steve(the owner of shop) to make it visually mach with some googled pics i gave him, 100% accurate match didnt matter, as long as it looks good.

Your paint guy knew his stuff! Here's a real '72 Olds in Saddle Bronze.

1972olds442cnvt102205.jpg