Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C-600 Stake Body landscape truck

I built this one about a year ago when I started building again after a 20 year absence from the hobby....( sometimes that being a responsible adult, working two jobs and raising two kids just gets in the way)

I used a Round 2 reissue and built it straight out of the box.....

Added details include plumbing and wiring the engine and chassis, A/C lines to the rooftop unit, antennas and some cab clutter (I had to trim some of the interior tub out to fit over the air cleaner, so the "folders, paperwork and roll of towels" hides the hole between the seats), I used BMF on mirrors and made spot mirrors by using a hole punch and .040 plastic.

Painted with Testors Model Masters Laquers, most of the chrome was striped and entire truck was weathered with ink wash, artist pastels and acrylics.

The landscape load is 1/4" bass wood to make a bundle of landscape timbers and the potted plants are railroad foliage planted in brown clay stuffed in sewing thimbles painted terracotta (gotta love the fabric?sewing section at Wal-Mart.

IMG_5222A.jpgIMG_5225A.jpgIMG_5232A.jpg

You are only limited to your imagination!!!! Love the sewing section and check out the jewelry sections at Hobby Lobby and Michaels. Great source for chain, loops, and hooks....also some "rhinestones" make great lights....