Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chip King`s: "Shark Mouth" Daytona Pro Mod -new project 8/3/12

I was about to say "as usual, great progress", but then I realized that this wouldn't do you justice at all.

So I'll stick to my oooh's and aaah's, as I stand in awe for these great skills of yours John.

Keep it coming and thanks for those pic's, they say more than a thousand words.

Mark

Hello......thank you all very much for the kind comments.......I did some work on the electrical panel.......I know it`s not correct but,sometimes you gotta use what you got......that`s what makes it fun for me........I still need to add a few components and decals.......I also made some header brackets and sensors.......and made a bunch of tabs for the chassis....... and bottom and side panels.......I will be the first to tell you that I know nothing about the mechanicals of a race car........I am 100% sure that this build " WILL NOT BE CORRECT"........but,this is a world of fun for me to play around with........I try to make my own stuff with simple little tools , styrene and some super glue........if it works thats good enough for me........I am usually pretty happy with my finished build........thats all that matters to me.........I build because I love to build........hope I did not ruffle any feathers?.........thanks for looking.

DSCF3803.jpg

DSCF3801.jpg

DSCF3794.jpg

DSCF3790.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Looks great John. There's a lot I don't know about drag cars, too. Like how a shifter like yours works. Those of you who know, please tell me how a shifter like this works. Does the driver just push the buttons to go to a higher gear? What does the lever do? Go from forward to reverse gear?

Hello.......thank you all for the kind comments........I use so many "Pro Tech" t`fittings I ran out........so I had to make a couple of them.........one for the shifter and for the rear end........I also made a front master cylinder and lines.......I made a blanket wrap for the trans.......I modified Mr.Paul Rowes read-out box and made a shift light.......thanks for looking.

DSCF3820.jpg

DSCF3821.jpg

DSCF3825.jpg

DSCF3822.jpg

DSCF3824.jpg

DSCF3841.jpg