Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hudson Hornet

Ajay

Well after a fairly long break from modelling I've finally picked up a kit & started whacking plastic again with a Kustom Hornet !. Here's where I am currently with the body :
Hornet2.jpg
Hornet1.jpg
Still need some more shaping & sanding on the body mods - I'll try & post progress as I make it.

Thanks for looking (sorry for the picture quality)
Andy

Edited by Ajay

I'm usually not a fan of the hornet, mostly cause I don't like the whole back wheel covered up but when it's all laid out like that with the killer front end treatment and the wheels, you can't help but love it. Can't wait to see it done, keep it up

THAT LOOKS GREAT IS THAT THE RESIN CHOPPED BODY OR DID YOU DO IT YOURSELF?

Hi Tom, I did think about getting the Jimmy Flintstone body but his stuff is pretty hard to find in the UK so I decided to get the razor saw out & have a go at the chop myself.

Thanks for the comments everybody.

Andy

I'm usually not a fan of the hornet, mostly cause I don't like the whole back wheel covered up but when it's all laid out like that with the killer front end treatment and the wheels, you can't help but love it. Can't wait to see it done, keep it up

Not a fan?!Shoot that's what I love about these cars,but to each his own

Not a fan?!Shoot that's what I love about these cars,but to each his own

Lol...ya I figure that's why a lot of people like the hornet, but for some reason it just doesn't look right to me unless it's all laid out on the ground. It's not just this car, I'm like that with any car that has the full skirt. I still like the cars, just not partial to that feature.

• 4 months later...

I did actually get as far as painting this one but had some etching of the plastic where the trim etc had been removed so nothing for it but to soak the body in brake fluid !. On reflection I've decided to use the stock hood so as to retain more of the Hudson styling.

hudson2_zps1dccc558.jpg

I've also been thinking about what to use for the taillights and decided to use the ends of the Pontiac grill from the Revell 49 Merc suitably thinned down and mounted vertically. Added bonus is that they have lenses that I can paint clear red.

hudson_zpsfa86562b.jpg

Thanks for looking - sorry for poor pic quality.

Andy

Edited by Ajay