Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Chevy Fleetline finally done...

sbk

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, this has to be one of the most beautiful models that I have ever seen...!!! My hat is off to you sir..!! I absolutely LOVE your interior work... can you tell me how you glued the painted wire piping to the seats...??? I've used Detail Wire for upholstery piping in some of my models, but the painted wire that you used looks soooooo GREAT. Keep up the fantastic work Steve.

Once again, thanks so much. Tooltas, the engine is a 396 from the Revell '66 Chevelle station wagon. Not really period correct, but oh well.

Ramsfin, I used spots of superglue along the underside of the wire, then pressed it onto the seats a little at a time. Sometimes the spots of glue showed up as a glossy spot on the seat, but after spraying a few coats of semigloss clear on the seats, they weren't as noticeable. I've used detail wire, too, & that worked really well. It's just that most times detail wire isn't available in the color I need, so I found that painting the bare wire worked well, too. Also, to start off, I drill a hole in the corner where the seat bench & back meet, pass the wire though it, & glue it to the underside of the seat to securely hold it in place.

I had the chance to watch the WIP and I want to thank you for the answers. It is a work of near perfection. I love the work on the inside (bluffing) that ingenuity deployed.

Now I wonder when a scale is 1/1. Because I'd ride as this kind of car. Again BEAUTIFUL

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread, but every time I see this car, and other work done by Steve, I'm simply blown away. Custom model cars just don't get any better than this, and if there IS such a thing as perfection in model-building, this is it.

Absolutely beautiful and always inspiring.

Dittos.

I just don't know how I missed this one first time around. Glad I caught it on this encore!!

Magnificent. Stunning. And, it truly qualifies for the one overused word I try not to use ~ ~ ~ awesome!