Model Cars Magazine Forum

So What does Revell Have up Their Sleeves?

Is the '69 C.O.P.O Camaro on the list (insert Hop Sing joke here) yet? Revell's webstore says "late May."

Yup, May it is, should be out along with the 5.0 Mustang notch, SSP Miss Deal, 77 Bandit Trans.. er, um... "Firebird" :D and the 55 Ford pro-mod. Line-up could change, though, depending on what did or didn't make it onto the boat (which is probably on the high seas as we speak...) I'd trust Hobby Shipper or whatever they call it, even though Tower is also part of Hobbico, they tend to put some really early and weird dates up (Tower might be putting the date they can start taking backorders, instead of an actual release date, or it could be the deadline they need to have a kit listed up on the site by.)

Another van kit would be nice, we know Round2 is doing another van kit towards the end of the year, I am guessing if Revell does a van kit, its going to be a Chevy?

I dont recall seeing that many van kits from them, did they ever do anything other then the Chevy van?

I'd be interested in seeing what's on the latest release lists for May and June.

i posted them somewhere in another thread, but here goes. This is subject to change, but usually the next month and the month after are locked in, it's the 2-month and 3-month ones that sometimes change - This is just the cars, no planes or military...

April:

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (die-cast to plastic)

Z-16 65 Chevelle SS 396

Magnum SRT8

Miami Vice Daytona Spyder (1:24)

May:

COPO ZL-1 69 Camaro

Bandit 77 cantcallita Trans-Am (die-cast to plastic)

90 Mustang LX 5.0

Miss Deal (SSP)

June:

Snap Police Expedition

Original Mini Cooper (1:24 RoG)

Foose 64 Impala

67 Corvette Roadster

Another van kit would be nice, we know Round2 is doing another van kit towards the end of the year, I am guessing if Revell does a van kit, its going to be a Chevy?

I dont recall seeing that many van kits from them, did they ever do anything other then the Chevy van?

Oh yeah, they did only do the one in 25th. Does the current issue have all the bodykit and nerf bars and all that stuff from the nameless "70's Custom Van" edition? I haven't looked at it that closely. The box art is relatively stock looking.

They do have the 1/32 Chevy snapper and the 1/16th "Movin' Out" show van, though. And there's also the new-tool Revell Germany VW Samba bus and upcoming VW van they could do in US boxes...

Oh yeah, they did only do the one in 25th. Does the current issue have all the bodykit and nerf bars and all that stuff from the nameless "70's Custom Van" edition? I haven't looked at it that closely. The box art is relatively stock looking.

They do have the 1/32 Chevy snapper and the 1/16th "Movin' Out" show van, though. And there's also the new-tool Revell Germany VW Samba bus and upcoming VW van they could do in US boxes...

The currently available Revell Chevy van is the ex-Monogram 1/24th scale van, different kit than the 1/25th Revell-origin '70s Custom Van kit.

Edited by Rob Hall

I would like to change my answer. ^_^

4) No NASCAR kit announcements

I dont like that, is that a fact?, or guessing?, either way, I am sad

I do know that Revell was trying to get the licensing worked out , and thats what was holding up them doing new NASCAR kits

I dont like that, is that a fact?, or guessing?, either way, I am sad

I do know that Revell was trying to get the licensing worked out , and thats what was holding up them doing new NASCAR kits

That's exactly the reason, and it was mentioned that when you want to make a kit of Dale Jr.'s 2013 NASCAR ride, you need to get licensing for the car manufacturer (GM?), from NASCAR, and from the driver/team owner's licensing arm, so it's a bit of a triple whammy.

That's exactly the reason, and it was mentioned that when you want to make a kit of Dale Jr.'s 2013 NASCAR ride, you need to get licensing for the car manufacturer (GM?), from NASCAR, and from the driver/team owner's licensing arm, so it's a bit of a triple whammy.

I recall reading last year, or in 2011, that NASCAR made changes to there licensing to make it easier, and I think to make a blanket type of licensing, again, I don't remember the details, I could be wrong, I just recall saying to myself that it would seem to make it easier for Revell to get back into NASCAR.

So I want to know what has changed since Revell got out of NASCAR?, meaning with licensing, did the cost just go up, or what?

I am going to have to do some digging on this, well, there still is always hope, I know Revell said that they want to , so maybe down the road they can get it worked out

So I want to know what has changed since Revell got out of NASCAR?, meaning with licensing, did the cost just go up, or what?

Yes, that was exactly what Ed Sexton stated in the Scale Modeling Hour interview from last August.

Yes, that was exactly what Ed Sexton stated in the Scale Modeling Hour interview from last August.

Right, I remember thats why Revell got out of NASCAR kits back in 2006/7 , I dont remember :lol: , I was wondering if something else had changed or is it still all about the green :angry:

I was wondering if something else had changed or is it still all about the green :angry:

Money isn't the only consideration, I can assure you that, but if Revell wants to stay in business they need to make a profit on the kits they sell. More upfront licensing costs = less profit, and maybe not enough to proceed with the kits. It sounds to me like that's the case here.

I was a bit surprised by the new kit announcement tidbit, as I don't recall Revell doing that mid-year before? No complaints from me, though. :)

Money isn't the only consideration, I can assure you that, but if Revell wants to stay in business they need to make a profit on the kits they sell. More upfront licensing costs = less profit, and maybe not enough to proceed with the kits. It sounds to me like that's the case here.

I was a bit surprised by the new kit announcement tidbit, as I don't recall Revell doing that mid-year before? No complaints from me, though. :)

I do understand business a little bit, I do have my own ;) , well just because its not being announce next month, doesn't mean they are not going to get back into NASCAR kits, just means nothing at the moment

I do know for a fact that one resin caster is already working on one of the new Gen6 bodies, I dont know for a fact which make, but I am guessing its going to be for the Chevy SS , so us NASCAR fans can get or fix for the new Gen6 stuff soon either way, its better then nothing :D

Saw that..the '67 Corvette reissue is on the bottom left, what appears to be a drag version of the '58/59 or '62 Corvette is in the top middle...top right looks like maybe Revell's New Beetle kit w/ custom wheels, a semi truck cab on the bottom right..

The orange Vette is the 67 Roadster with the extra parts from the "Sport Coupe" edition of a few years back. Minilite-style wheels, sidepipes, a Grand-Sport inspired hood.

Big truck is the 1/16 KW.

Please, oh please, let that Vette gasser be an actual Mazmanian 61 Vette. I could live with a 58/59 or 62 BJM-inspired gasser, but the real deal would be awesome.

Oooohhhh - a straight axle gasser, even better modeling choice than the Mazmainian '61, as iconic as it is, since there will be more parts of use in this one...

I'm planning on a Street Freak build, anyway, maybe with the AMT Sock It To Me decals.

I wonder if they measured up this Tuna Boat while they were there :wub:

66_IMPALA_WGN_001.jpg

I belive the red vette was made off the D&M Corvette gasser- not sure what decals it will come with but I do know Revell did measure and document the car a few years ago

I hope they only used it for reference, and not with the intent on building a (near) exact replica. No offense, as it appears well done, but it has no provenance, no name recognition, and is a "what if" rather than a what was. Now, that all might not mean much in 1/25 scale, but Revell seems to have a pretty good track record with BJM kit-wise, and his 'Vette did retain the stock front suspension with lift blocks from what I've read, so fewer newly tooled parts would be needed, too.

29uzh8y.jpg

whnp89.jpg