Model Cars Magazine Forum

So What does Revell Have up Their Sleeves?

Thanks for all the info. I had a feeling there were differences and to be honest this particular car is the only reason I am thinking about picking up a Revell 62 kit, but I want an up top.

The rest I can fudge my way thru . Anyone tried to fit an MPC up top to the revell body yet ?

I've heard the AMT top fits pretty good. The test shots had a back glass piece, so I know Revell has a top planned for this kit.

The easiest way to get to a 61 would probably be to take a Revell 58/59 and graft the sides onto the 62 and use the top from it. I still haven't heard for sure whether or not the 58/59 Revell top fits, though - in theory it should.

For a variation of the '62 Corvette, I'd love to see a race car like this:

1962-chevrolet-corvette-gulf-oil-race-ca

Ah... The 62 Gulf Oil Vette. I'd go ape for that, too. That wouldn't surprise me one bit if they did it. In fact, I'd be more shocked if they don't do it (eventually).

Edited by Brett Barrow

I know Harry's got his fingers crossed hoping for this one!:

barbievette.jpg

:lol:

I think the '93 S-10 would be a very welcome kit, even if only as the original issue, sans the lowrider and Waverider parts.

Maybe they could reissue the Futurista instead of the Orange Hauler/Predicta/Lil Coffin/Red Baron again?:

futurista.jpg

We'll probably get the Street T and trailer and Cop Out Duster F/C again, though. :D

May 1st will be the day for the fall announcements, so looks like we'll have to keep this little game going for the rest of the month... <_<

I know Harry's got his fingers crossed hoping for this one!:

barbievette.jpg

They could do worse...

We'll probably get the Street T and trailer and Cop Out Duster F/C again, though. :D

I was just thinking it's about time for the T and Duster F/C... Maybe Fooseified this time? Or maybe the T can get a set of the "Rat Rod" wheels and tires? Actually, that wouldn't be that bad an idear come to think of it...

I was just thinking it's about time for the T and Duster F/C...

I was hoping for a Snake & Mongoose reissue of some type, maybe timed to the release of the movie, but who knows. Revell has released two McEwen kits over the last two years.

An accurate 1970 chevelle ss ls6 454 in 1:25 is log overdue! Te amt one leaves alot to be desired and all of monogram 1:24 kits are way out of scale!

The best 70 Chevelle body is the 1/25 Revell snap kit. Add a full detail chassis from the Revell 72 Cutlass and a big block from the Revell 69 Camaro and you'll have a nice model.

Yes. IIRC it's the '71/72 kit backdated to a '70, so yeah, not so good.

Just curious, what, specifically, is wrong with it (other that the fact that AMT didn't drop a quarter of a million on a new too)? Not being smart, I just don't see why it's objectionable.

Just curious, what, specifically, is wrong with it (other that the fact that AMT didn't drop a quarter of a million on a new too)? Not being smart, I just don't see why it's objectionable.

I've seen people comment on the front end shape being off (heard similar issues w/ the Revell 1/24th one)..... the chassis is pretty simple w/ molded in driveshaft (though other more detailed chassis can be swapped in from other kits like the '69 Olds 442).

If Revell were to do a full detail '68-72 Chevelle in 1/25th , I'd vote for a '68 or '71, since the '69, 70, and '72 are easy to find...

Edited by Rob Hall

The rear suspension is molded separately from the chassis, but is molded as one with the exhaust system-- very similar to the circa 1982 Monogram musclecar kits in that regard. The front suspension is molded to the chassis, the interior tub lacks a lot of detail, and as Rob mentioned, the nose looks a bit "flat" and the headlight buckets look too big and are too deeply recessed. It's no monstrosity, but for such a recognizable and popular car, I think an all-new kit would be very welcomed.

AMT-31790-2.jpg

Well that blows, I have one and my only intention was to do a Red Alert car . I'm gonna have to dig it out and see for myself

Didn't the other rag do an article on the Red Alert fairly recently? I forget who did it or what kit they used, but I agree with the assessment that the Revell snapper is the best looking out of all of them.

Edited by Brett Barrow

Wow this thread lasted like what ? 4 months ? LOL

I think Revell announced not too long ago a Mustang Notchback (and I cheered out loud I think) and a finally corrected 70 Cuda (Hemi if I recall).

I'm waiting for those, especially the Mustang. I'm hoping to get a peek at NNL east like they did last year with the 62 Corvetter and 57 FOrd