Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stephanie's Rose- Halibrand-equipped '41 Willys - Completed 5-4-2014!

Art Laski

Thanks for the comments, my friends.

Here's some new Pro Tech goodies I got for this build. It's some nut and bolt heads, wire looms, and an MSD box.

RearSuspension001-vi.jpg

I got the rear end in. The whole time I was asking myself WTH I was thinking by replacing the kit suspension. It was quite a pain, but I think in the end it was worth it. I used some of the Pro Tech nuts and bolts on the heim joints, and the suspension does work a little. I think it has about 1/16 of an inch of travel.

RearSuspension007-vi.jpg

RearSuspension002lg-vi.jpg

RearSuspension004lg-vi.jpg

RearSuspension003lg-vi.jpg

Edited by Art Laski

If you can get your hands on any of the Moebius Chrysler kits, or the AMT '57 300, ( or pictures of the kits engine) you will find out where the oil filter went on the early Hemi's, my poor old memory fails me, since my little brother had a blown flat bottom with a 392 in it that had this same filter set up in it, but that's been almost 30 years ago & I've slept since then.

I'm guilty of not following every build thread at times. How I missed this…. :unsure:

Art, this is a gorgeous build! The suspension fabricating….the paint detailing…. the body & finish…. the color combination….the wheels. Each assembly is stunning, thank you for posting & explaining the build.

Including the fix no one had to know about. Thanks for showing us we all have stuff that happens to a project and how to properly deal with it. B)

Edited by FASTBACK340