Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stephanie's Rose- Halibrand-equipped '41 Willys - Completed 5-4-2014!

Art Laski

Thanks, Brad and Dave!

About the DSC, this year and last it happened to fall on the same weekend as the Long Beach Grand Prix. My brother is on an Indy Car team out of Indiana, so I like to go out there and see him since I don't see him that often and get some VIP treatment at the track while we're at it.

This year, however, I actually made plans to see him beforehand so I could make the trek out there again this year. I really enjoyed it when I came in 2012 and got to meet AZ's great builders and good people, so I really wanted to go again. But just the other day I realized I purchased tickets to an event for my wife for Christmas (my attendance is mandatory!) and it happens to be on the Friday before, so unfortunately, there's just no way I can get there. But going to Long Beach as a consolation isn't so bad. Hopefully next year there won't be a conflict and I'll definitely bring this one over. Hope you guys have a great event.

Art.... I have got to say that rolling chassis is just flat out Bad A$$! Wow Very Impressive to say the least. I love and admire your work. Bummed I won't be able to see this in person at the DSC but I am sure I will see it soon... maybe even a show in Cali before the end of the year. Looking forward to your next update and hopefully you are getting some bench time this weekend on this.

Thanks, Brad and Dave!

About the DSC, this year and last it happened to fall on the same weekend as the Long Beach Grand Prix. My brother is on an Indy Car team out of Indiana, so I like to go out there and see him since I don't see him that often and get some VIP treatment at the track while we're at it.

This year, however, I actually made plans to see him beforehand so I could make the trek out there again this year. I really enjoyed it when I came in 2012 and got to meet AZ's great builders and good people, so I really wanted to go again. But just the other day I realized I purchased tickets to an event for my wife for Christmas (my attendance is mandatory!) and it happens to be on the Friday before, so unfortunately, there's just no way I can get there. But going to Long Beach as a consolation isn't so bad. Hopefully next year there won't be a conflict and I'll definitely bring this one over. Hope you guys have a great event.

Our loss, Art. We'll definitely miss you!

Hope you have a great weekend, too.

Art your build is looking good. Will you tell me where i can get the plastic bolts from. I just cant bring myself to paying big bucks for the metal ones. Well i just guess the plastic ones are cheaper.

Keep it up. Cant wait to see more

Gary, thanks for the compliments. I'm not exactly sure what bolts you're referring to, but I used Plastruct hex and Evergreen rod for the various fittings, and some tiny plastic rivets that John Teresi gave me a long time ago. I think he got them at a train store. I also used Pro Tech bolt and nut heads on the rear suspension, and they look great. Not too expensive per unit, and well worth it.

Art.... I have got to say that rolling chassis is just flat out Bad A$$! Wow Very Impressive to say the least. I love and admire your work. Bummed I won't be able to see this in person at the DSC but I am sure I will see it soon... maybe even a show in Cali before the end of the year. Looking forward to your next update and hopefully you are getting some bench time this weekend on this.

Chris, yeah I'm bummed too that I can't make it out there this year, but would love to have some of you AZ guys trek out here. So Cal NNL next month?

Amazing work Art !

Hope to see this build again next year in Santa Clara & what i was able to see in Feb was awesome.

Art what did you use for the fittings on the end of the brake lines and for the rubber brake hose's ?

Thanks Seth. Glad you got to see it. It looked like it was ready to fly together when I had it up there, but man, I still have a ways to go! All the little details...

The fittings were just Evergreen plastic rod, drilled out in the center and painted Testors gold. The lines are just some wire I had, and I couldn't tell you where I got it.

Here are some pics of the latest updates. Inching closer... New in these pics are the engine installation, driveshaft from aluminum tube, fuel pump and line to the injectors, oil lines to and from the filters, headers on the engine and exhaust pipe installation. Yes, the front wheels are askew... When I glued them on, the pin did not get the slack out of it. They will be glued into position at the end of the build! ;)

DSCF3937-vi.jpg

DSCF3938-vi.jpg

DSCF3939-vi.jpg

DSCF3940-vi.jpg

DSCF3941-vi.jpg

DSCF3942-vi.jpg

Edited by Art Laski