Model Cars Magazine Forum

what is flocking? help?

You might try a Sally Beauty supply store. They have been in business for many years and they are everywhere. When I recently went back to Lafayette Indiana I was surprised to find one by the Kmart on 38 across from the mall. They have stores all over the valley here. There are some really cool nail polishes available these days.

I did a search on Evilbay. There are several auctions. Many "BUY IT NOW" with free shipping from HONG KONG.

Edited by Greg Wann

It looks like it works the same as a simple bottle of embossing powder or that flocking powder to me. Want it half price, or even 40% off, go to AC Moore, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby with a coupon...problem solved real quick. ;) Embossing powder isn't fuzzy but, that flocking sold at Michaels is because it's flocking but, ground finer like embossing powder.

Edited by Skydime

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have found flocking at a coiple places that are only locl to my area I'd. Suggest detail masters which is where my hobby shop gets it from but I have also switched to embossing powder because its a lot easier to use you don't have to strain it like flocking and like others mention it can be painted any colour you want

Edited by mnwildpunk