Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Frank, Alumilite is showing all the Flex series as "out of stock." I'm wondering if there is a problem with their latest formula? I'm not a fan of the flex series at all. In particular Flex 40 has massive shrinkage after a number of months. I have tires 40% smaller than when I cast them. Not a very reliable product. Try getting with Carol at Alumilite if your having issues.

got it cant get it to work stuff isnt drying

iDDXS.jpg

Now I know who's been outbidding us all on eBay! :angry::lol:

Looks like Marty may have struck a deal with the Phoenix craigslist heavy truck kit collector, too? ^_^

Ha ha ha funny thing is that none of this stuff has come from ebay and yeah I got some kits from the craigslist guy and it wasn't easy to do!!! And then he got all mad at me for helping someone else with buying some of his kits!! And he went so far as to say he wouldn't sell to anyone in AZ again????? And I spent $700 with him to boot???

Frank, Alumilite is showing all the Flex series as "out of stock." I'm wondering if there is a problem with their latest formula? I'm not a fan of the flex series at all. In particular Flex 40 has massive shrinkage after a number of months. I have tires 40% smaller than when I cast them. Not a very reliable product. Try getting with Carol at Alumilite if your having issues.

working with Ma's on it, that could be the problem.

not to worried about shrinkage

UPDATE: its the stupid dye from hobby lobby thats causing the problems its like it lagged the drying time to never

Edited by Lownslow

Got this in the mail a couple weeks ago. Read all the way through it in one sitting and it stays on my coffee table for frequent browsing. Absolutely love this book! Lots of inspiration, eye candy, tips, tricks, and over-all modeling goodness. Thanks Dr. Cranky for being who you are and inspiring so many to just build models and try new things. I couldn't stop talking about this book and Dr. Cranky to my wife (she thought I was a lil nutzo!)

photo.jpg

I finally bought an airbrush. I went with the "Harbor Freight Special" for just under $100 out the door. I figured, if nothing else, I got a decent compresser and an inexpensive airbrush that I don't have to be afraid to use.

423306_366316180057146_100000363005661_1345628_1371851926_n.jpg

David G.

The Pearl Ex powders arrived today from Amazon. Next week the new Iwata HP-BCS airbrush should here. Gotta order and adaptor and male quick release for it from Coast Airbrush - and some HOK paint.

Almost forget - got 2 Trantula's in a trade with Russ Poland - rustybill1960. Thanks Russ.

Edited by crazyjim

Finally got an Auto Transporter, i been trying to find one for a decent price for quite a while!

001-4.jpg

It's gonna be hooked up to a KW, this is gonna be my first big truck build should be interesting!

003-12.jpg

Also scored the Iowa Shaker this week, looks like a good kit but why plastic tires and not rubber?

They will definately be swapped out for rubber!

002-6.jpg

The Pearl Ex powders arrived today from Amazon. Next week the new Iwata HP-BCS airbrush should here. Gotta order and adaptor and male quick release for it from Coast Airbrush - and some HOK paint.

Almost forget - got 2 Trantula's in a trade with Russ Poland - rustybill1960. Thanks Russ.

Mine just arrived today about an hour after I was at the hobby store I ordered them from (Pearl EX). I even checked at the service desk to see if they were in yet before I left. Well...back to the hobby store tomorrow...oh darn. Can't wait to start using them. Good luck with yours.

I haven't built a model for about twenty years and just received this in the mail today... was really quite excited when I got home and the box had arrived!

tamiya-jordan-191.jpg

Now, I just need to get all the tools, paint and other bits and pieces which I'm now discovering (from browsing this site) I'll probably need to put the thing together properly! :)

Edited by Harry_Palmer

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...