Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Nice score on the Honda XE-50 and the R5 Turbo. Is the R5 curbside or full detail? Also just noticed the Datsun roadster.

Thanks! The little Honda was a real surprise when I found it. It was parked amongst some big rig kits. And the R5 is a curbside but it look pretty nice. Not bad for a kit that can be motorized!

For the prices they where going for, I could not pass them up! Wish I had brought more spending money with me, lots of good stuff!

I was in the same boat, did not bring enough cash with, If I would of seen a few the kits you got first, I would of bought them, and you know that is funny, I got there at 730 or so :lol: , I guess I just over looked them

Here is what I brought home

IMG_2894_zps47059fc4.jpg

Wasnt being sold there, but the given to me to replace the first that one that I was never given

IMG_2893_zps5ced8d38.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Actually this came in the mail yesterday. it the Paasche Millennium set with all three tip and needle sizes. I got this for bigger jobs than my Iwatas can do. The wood case is very nice and even has a felt bottom. This airbrush is an updated version of the VL. I like the skinner body on this one. Price was $86 and free shipping on that rain forest site.

51VnUmC0ArL.jpg

post-1036-0-46785800-1397441896_thumb.gi

Edited by 935k3

I was in the same boat, did not bring enough cash with, If I would of seen a few the kits you got first, I would of bought them, and you know that is funny, I got there at 730 or so :lol: , I guess I just over looked them

Here is what I brought home

IMG_2894_zps47059fc4.jpg

Wasnt being sold there, but the given to me to replace the first that one that I was never given

IMG_2893_zps5ced8d38.jpg

The vendor next to me had all the Tamiya stuff. He was making some insane deals! He slashed everything half off at the end of the day from his already low prices! I couldn't say no!!

Looking at your stuff, I missed out myself! Being a vendor has the penalty of not being able to just go looking around at a normal pace. I had to walk quickly every time I left my table!! LOL!

Just won a whole lot of little items - unbuilt engine, underhood goodies, open wheels and wheelcovers from a '66 T-bird; the engine (with some mods) and underhood stuff will go into a '62 Continental sedan. Also: V8 engine and underhood stuff from a '64 Chevelle wagon, so my Craftsman '64 Malibu will get its hood cut open after all. Anyone have a junk '65 wagon or El Camino with a usable radiator wall that can be cut out?

Just won a whole lot of little items - unbuilt engine, underhood goodies, open wheels and wheelcovers from a '66 T-bird; the engine (with some mods) and underhood stuff will go into a '62 Continental sedan. Also: V8 engine and underhood stuff from a '64 Chevelle wagon, so my Craftsman '64 Malibu will get its hood cut open after all. Anyone have a junk '65 wagon or El Camino with a usable radiator wall that can be cut out?

I couldn't get myself to cut up a 64 wagon unless its messed up....might have a 65 ElCamino here still...what is the wagon like???

Edited by disabled modeler

Anyone have a junk '65 wagon or El Camino with a usable radiator wall that can be cut out?

The radiator wall in this kit is molded into the body. It's nothing special and has two huge screw posts on the inside of it that will be visible on your finished model. The radiator itself is just the rear face of it, that glues to this wall.

Honestly, you'd be better off replacing the entire old school chassis on this one. The newer Revell 1966 Wagon chassis would be a first choice since it's a modern full detail kit. But if you just want a radiator wall and radiator, I'd go through the parts box to find something a bit more realistic. There are a lot of GM midsize cars that may have better ones.

In researching this answer I went and pulled out my '65 Wagon build in progress and saw that I had changed out the chassis for the Revell 1966 Chevelle chassis way back before that wagon kit existed. I need to pull that one out and finish it.

The radiator wall in this kit is molded into the body. It's nothing special and has two huge screw posts on the inside of it that will be visible on your finished model. The radiator itself is just the rear face of it, that glues to this wall.

OK, this may sound perverse, but I want to make this kind of a phantom - a '64 Malibu "glue kit that never was", screw posts and all. I figured I'd saw the end of the nose off a junk '65 and trim the front panel down until it fit like an original. I have the dual-carb V8, firewall, battery, washer reservoir and radiator, so this is the last piece I need.

OK, this may sound perverse, but I want to make this kind of a phantom - a '64 Malibu "glue kit that never was", screw posts and all. I figured I'd saw the end of the nose off a junk '65 and trim the front panel down until it fit like an original. I have the dual-carb V8, firewall, battery, washer reservoir and radiator, so this is the last piece I need.

If you saw the nose of a junk '65 glue kit, the radiator support is part of that.

Chris -

One of the resin casters - I think "Missing Link" - did a '64 Chevelle Malibu kit that's modified to have an open hood, and some underhood details. You might want to check it out; could save you a lot of work...

I got "1 Warning Point" :o But when I go to my profile it says " There are no warnings to display." :huh:

"Go to your room! "

"Why ? "

" Because I said so ! "

:lol:

Greg -

It's not serious until the moderators start calling you by your full name (including middle name) like your mom used to do when you got in trouble at home. ;-)

Edited by ToyLvr

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...