Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Hmm Ed, I was always under the impression that they weren't shrink wrapped! :lol:

I have four Union kits now, the only one I bought new was the Gulf Porsche 917, & I could have sworn it wasn't shrink wrapped when I bought it some 18-19 years ago.

Did the box make a difference if it was shrink wrapped or not? The Ferrari is in the white box, & two of the other three Union kits I have are in the brown box. It also seems the Ford Mark IV in the brown box I recall from a hobby shop in Charlotte NC wasn't shrink wrapped, but I can't be sure. My Porsche was in the white box, same as the one you showed.

:P

Well at least one of them were! That's the only Union Kit I have that is Shrink wrapped. I returned to the Hobby ~4 years ago after a 40+ year "break" B) , so I've never bought a New Union Kit. But I do know the Ferrari 330 P4 was released at least twice. Once prior to the UPC Bars and once after, Your's is the pre coded release. I can tell because the outline Border color is silver/grey instead of a gold, bronzeish grey. This picture shows the difference.

Ed

10-10-2010330.jpg

A friend of mine at work brought this in for me to-day.

I have never heard of this series of Models from AMT.

66ChevyNova001.jpg

If I remember correctly, Don, the AMT Proshop series like that one were around in the late 90s and early 2000s. The were already predecorated from the factory and only needed assembly, no painting needed. By the box of yours, too, I would guess it was one bought at Walmart, since while Walmart still sold AMT kits, they came in that checkerboard style box, where the regular hobby shop offerings did not have the checkerboard pattern.

If I remember correctly, Don, the AMT Proshop series like that one were around in the late 90s and early 2000s. The were already predecorated from the factory and only needed assembly, no painting needed. By the box of yours, too, I would guess it was one bought at Walmart, since while Walmart still sold AMT kits, they came in that checkerboard style box, where the regular hobby shop offerings did not have the checkerboard pattern.

We have a few of those in the back room, as well as Revell's version. They don't sell well, but some are kind of cool. Someday I'll actually get them on site. Also have some in the same type of boxes with diecast bodies.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...