Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Sucks for him :D ,super for you ;) .

hes quiting as he hasnt the time as he has a 2 year old running around. But he really sold up as he wanted another xbox 360 to get cod. Thats the real reason hes selling up. So yeah GOOD for me. And him too as he can buy another xbox now. HAHA ;)

Went to a model swap meet today and brought home a few things.

Thought these would make good engine donors or open for trades?

PB060001.jpg

Gotta love Rally cars (open for trades)

PB060003.jpg

My big ticket item for the day was the 73 Dodge (keeper)

PB060004.jpg

Inside the 73 Dodge box Plus 2 long beds

Scratch built Emergency 1 Utility box

PB060006.jpg

The wheels I also picked up and just threw them under it for pics.

And some parts kits

PB060005.jpg

Edited by Zukiholic

I just got this in from Ed Fluck at Drag City Casting. Beatifully made and flawlessly cast with zero flash or air holes and it all fits perfectly on the donor kits! Ed has an amzing array of bodies and parts, many of which are quite unique and useful, especially if your into rods and customs. Here's a link to his Fotki: http://public.fotki....-city-casting-/

Chopped '37 Chevy:

Eds-37-Chevy-1.jpg

Chopped '34 Ford Five Window and Chopped '34 Ford Pickup Cab

Eds-Shells-1.jpg

Luuvered Deck Lid and Louvered Hood for Revell '32 Fords & Filled Front Wheel Well Panels for AMT '34 Fords

Eds-Parts-1.jpg

even though i had to lay out > 30 bones, i think i got a great deal on these old revell parts packs. there was one in pretty nice box (roadster chassis speed equipment) plus at least one of the same without box, plus major parts of the roadster frame etc. this is some very cool and detailed fiddly bits. plus two chrome parachutes! not sure why you would want chrome parachutes but there you have it...twice!

!B6gWdrQBWk~$(KGrHqF,!i8Eyd45Yv5-BM)h(!!F3!~~_12.JPG

!B6g(JMQBWk~$(KGrHqN,!h0Eycg21+bcBM)hZjEp4g~~_12.JPG

even though i had to lay out > 30 bones, i think i got a great deal on these old revell parts packs. there was one in pretty nice box (roadster chassis speed equipment) plus at least one of the same without box, plus major parts of the roadster frame etc. this is some very cool and detailed fiddly bits. plus two chrome parachutes! not sure why you would want chrome parachutes but there you have it...twice!

!B6gWdrQBWk~$(KGrHqF,!i8Eyd45Yv5-BM)h(!!F3!~~_12.JPG

!B6g(JMQBWk~$(KGrHqN,!h0Eycg21+bcBM)hZjEp4g~~_12.JPG

I often thought that the chrome finish drag chute packs were meant to mimic the flame retardant material used on the driver's flame suits.

Love those old Revell Parts Packs...just acquired the Dream Car Turbine Engine & Dream Car Bumpers & Grilles myself.

>I often thought that the chrome finish drag chute packs were meant to mimic the flame retardant material

>used on the driver's flame suits.

by golly i think you hit that nail on the head! that thought never crossed my mind but now that you bring it up, a little dullcoat and indeed: flameproof material!

here i thought the best you could get out of it was to paint around the buckle for the pack and leave it (the buckle) chrome!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...