Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I bought four bottle paints, three cans of duplicolor primer, need to take one back and exchange it, two cans of testor one coat lacquer, roll of 3m masking tape, and some sand paper of different grits.

Havent bought any kits for a few weeks, as we have a model swap meet next weekend, and a few of the kits I have been thinking about getting, might be there.

Edited by martinfan5

Not sure if it counts, but I cleaned my garage for the first time since we bought our house four and a half years ago. The best part was finding my Hubley diecast kit collection. I packed them up when I moved out of my parent's house over ten year's ago. I vaguely remembered where they were, but I never had the motivation to clean the garage to get them. Here are the highlights, one big box of part's, every Model A version Hubley made, one Dusenberg, two Packards, and the first model that I ever built entirely on my own.

IMG_20120311_234243.jpg

IMG_20120311_234530.jpg

IMG_20120311_220606.jpg

IMG_20120311_220540.jpg

IMG_20120311_220617.jpg

Edited by 2000-cvpi

Got a bunch of packages in the mail Fri & Sat...

From eBay, a sealed Johan '71 Cuda (my 6th, always have ideas for different builds of these), sealed Testors/Italeri Ferrari 250 California (been looking for one of these for years), and a Revell Torino Cobra (my 4th one, seem to be hard to find these days).

And from HLJ an Aoshima Merc SL AMG Black Series and '10 Subaru WRX Sti GRB.

Got a bunch of packages in the mail Fri & Sat...

From eBay, a sealed Johan '71 Cuda (my 6th, always have ideas for different builds of these), sealed Testors/Italeri Ferrari 250 California (been looking for one of these for years), and a Revell Torino Cobra (my 4th one, seem to be hard to find these days).

And from HLJ an Aoshima Merc SL AMG Black Series and '10 Subaru WRX Sti GRB.

I have been wanting to get the merc kit

It's pretty cool...it always seems to be on backorder on HLJ....the wheels/tires are HUGE.

Its not back ordered on Ebay :lol:

Its funny that you got the ferrari 250 kit, on tonights episode of topgear, james may drove one, really nice flim, really nice car

Edited by martinfan5

Wheel score off Ebay. 24 Sets of wheels. They scale out to about 22's. Will probably trade or sell some off and keep a bunch.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Mini Countryman All4 kit by Hasegawa. Awesome quality kit. Going to build it box stock for my wife since she just bought the real thing. Plus the new Camaro SS kit which is probably one of the nicest new kits I've purchased. Finally a Maisto diecast Mustang that I plan to rob of its wheels and make resin copies.

IMG_0066-1.jpg

Edited by shucky

Just made my first Hobby Towers purchase for a 49' Merc Custom Coupe and a '32 Ford 3-Windowed Street Rod. Since I have never purchased models online or not, I wanted to see if spending $40 after shipping for those 2 is a decent deal or not? $10 for shipping seemed about right so that left each model at about $15 each. Just curious, I have a large "wish list" with them now!! LOL

Just made my first Hobby Towers purchase for a 49' Merc Custom Coupe and a '32 Ford 3-Windowed Street Rod. Since I have never purchased models online or not, I wanted to see if spending $40 after shipping for those 2 is a decent deal or not? $10 for shipping seemed about right so that left each model at about $15 each. Just curious, I have a large "wish list" with them now!! LOL

I have two savings codes for tower hobbies, one is for $10 off, and on is for free shipping on $30 or more

Mini Countryman All4 kit by Hasegawa. Awesome quality kit. Going to build it box stock for my wife since she just bought the real thing. Plus the new Camaro SS kit which is probably one of the nicest new kits I've purchased. Finally a Maisto diecast Mustang that I plan to rob of its wheels and make resin copies.

Cool - I have been looking at the Mini Countryman on Hobby Search - Hasegawa kits are super nice, underrated kits. I haven't seen it built up anywhere.

IMG_0066-1.jpg

Great looking Countryman. Just ordered one off Ebay from Tokyo Hobby.

Be watching when ya start building.. :D

Went to Michael's, don't really buy models there, but had a 40% off coupon. Got the Revell Street Burner '79 Camaro Z28 3'n 1 kit on clearance and the Revell Special Edition '49 Mercury kit. Even got another 40% off coupon on the receipt. At least there's a few more kits there I wouldn't mind getting.

I didn't "get" anything today, but I did learn that there's a Michael's near me and I can go there for supplies, items to use on my model, and perhaps pick up an airbrush one day when the funds allow. So that was good to see.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...