Model Cars Magazine Forum

The two notches near the top of the shroud are to allow part of the frame to pass through, so yes, your observation of the fan location in consideration of an obstacle (but not engine) is correct.

The radiator leans back at the top and the fan only needs to draw air across it at low speed or idle to do its job.

Part of the reason for the holes outside the funnel of the shroud; at speed more air can flow through with less drag and more cooling effect.

From the inception of this car I had an idea that it should be white and yellow with black and gray accents. And checkerboard graphics were in the mix as well. But I never really planned a design, until the other night.

I drew up and fitted art to fit the nose and made a decal. (Still needs to be shot with clear)

DSC04364_zps772dffd4.jpg

Nah, "Superb" was the last one, this one is "Unique".

I decided to take a break from plumbing and wiring and work on the muffler. Still in raw material form, the heat shield was machined from brass and there is an air gap to keep the driver’s leg from getting seared. The muffler was machined from aluminum rod stock.

DSC04369_zps3c63b957.jpg

DSC04371_zpsad50dd5f.jpg

Mark,

Anchor lube is really one of my best finds for machining. It pleases me when I see you put it to good use. Kind of looks to me like I need to place another order. I have been using much more of it than I thought on drilling Derek's rims. Great looking piece. This is truly a masterpiece in the old world tradition. Too much work to make it sailable but that is not the point. It is a showcase of skill.

Thanks Pete. It's just entertainment...

It was getting more tedious to get all the wires routed to their proper locations, hence the subject change... Now while the paint dries on the muffler I took another stab at it, the wires from the ignition box to the distributor should be the last of those for this side, at least in the lower part area.

DSC04366_zps14f67517.jpg

OK, one more question (maybe I already asked this but I forgot)...

Do you work using some sort of magnifier? Or do you have superhero vision? I can't image putting the lettering decals on a spark plug wire just using my own eyeballs... I would definitely need some sort of magnifier.