Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Retro E-Type Jaguar design.

Too fussy for my tastes -- it looks like a Chrysler Crossfire put through a blender with an XKR. Personally, if I was in the market for a modern take on an E-type, I'd much prefer an Eagle Speedster... (which I would have in a heartbeat if I had the money)

bestest,

M.

I like the looks of these retro E-Types, but I'd take that Eagle first for that kind of money!

i revised my post above after i actually read the original link. aftermarket trash is what i now think. expensive aftermarket trash.

Do you ever have anything good to say? Anyway, I agree with Harry and others, very nice looking car, but do not like the vents. If a kit is done, not likely, I'd get one.

I always thought the original XKE was ill-proportioned, with the hood/fenders too long, the rearend too stubby, and those pizza-thin (sorry, Harry, not Chicago style) tires and spoked wheels always looked so old fashioned. Maybe it'd look better if someone shortened it a foot?

I think this is the first time I've ever heard ANY criticism of the original E-Type's design. And I don't remember thin tyres and spoked wheels looking old fashioned in 1961. I always loved the whole package.

...and before parting with that kind of money, I'd want to know a bit more about the people who were building the car. Eagle has been a major restoration house for E-Types (and nothing else) for 30 years, and knows the cars, engineering, panel work etc inside out. The Lyonheart web site doesn't tell you much about the team other than its address.

bestest,

M.

I think this is the first time I've ever heard ANY criticism of the original E-Type's design. And I don't remember thin tyres and spoked wheels looking old fashioned in 1961. I always loved the whole package.

I guess there's a first time for everything. :P I know the XKE is considered a classic by many, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I'm not beholding this thing:

1964_Jaguar_XKE_E_Type_Coupe_Side_1.jpg

Slide that greenhouse forward 24" and we might have something.

As for the skinny wheels, I think the thing I dislike the most is how deeply "tucked" the wheels and tires are. I realize that wasn't unusual (at least until '59 when Pontiac touted its "Wide Track" cars), but this borders on silly. Maybe it's for tire clearance with the low ride height, but I don't find the tucked, skinny tire look all that beautiful:

3__h=x_jaguar_xke-1.jpg

To each their own. ;)

When Custom Hearse posted this thread about this "Beautiful" JAG...I was so excited and just fell in love with that Car....That i ran down to my Bank and ask them for a loan...to buy This Car.....

I Knew I had to have it...It was Love at first sight....Although i knew better....For that Love at first sight has cost me alot in the Past Tee he...

But I had to have this car.....Went to the Bank.....and Guess What......>>>

They Laughed me out of the Bank....

Bummer Huh?

Man That Car is Nice...The Curves and Lines are just There.....When i look at it...it speaks Volume...

After all A Car is Just a Car....But That is A Jaguar.....

Cheers to All....Don

Edited by XJ6

As for the skinny wheels, I think the thing I dislike the most is how deeply "tucked" the wheels and tires are. I realize that wasn't unusual (at least until '59 when Pontiac touted its "Wide Track" cars), but this borders on silly. Maybe it's for tire clearance with the low ride height, but I don't find the tucked, skinny tire look all that beautiful:

Casey, this is the one area where I have to agree with you and the only thing I would change on the car. I've often wondered if this would be a simple fix.

AAAHHHH !!!! Come on Powerball ! Come on Powerball !

I think this is a beautiful tribute to the original car. I'm a big XKE fan and it pains me that we don't have a "good" version in 24/25th scale. Yeah, I know the old Revell and the Monogram kits, and I've built them... but I'd sure like a modern tooled XKE.

Anyway...yeah. I love this....

aaad532d-a5de-4ca3-b12e-4dcd3d1af99f_LHK

Edited by Jeff Johnston

When Custom Hearse posted this thread about this "Beautiful" JAG...I was so excited and just fell in love with that Car....That i ran down to my Bank and ask them for a loan...to buy This Car.....

I Knew I had to have it...It was Love at first sight....Although i knew better....For that Love at first sight has cost me alot in the Past Tee he...

But I had to have this car.....Went to the Bank.....and Guess What......>>>

They Laughed me out of the Bank....

Bummer Huh?

Man That Car is Nice...The Curves and Lines are just There.....When i look at it...it speaks Volume...

After all A Car is Just a Car....But That is A Jaguar.....

Cheers to All....Don

Sorry Don... I didn't mean to get you laughed at. For my penance, I will throw myself in front of a fast moving turtle. :unsure:

I guess there's a first time for everything. :P I know the XKE is considered a classic by many, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I'm not beholding this thing:

1964_Jaguar_XKE_E_Type_Coupe_Side_1.jpg

Slide that greenhouse forward 24" and we might have something.

3__h=x_jaguar_xke-1.jpg

To each their own. ;)

I would behold that coupe as I was site-seeing in San Juan last month and no sooner did I turn off my camera aand put it away, did this drop-dead gorgeous XKE Coupe pull up to the stoplight. It was in a light gunmetal silver and just an awesome lookin' car.

Here's a pic of the engine and specs...

"For decades, Cosworth has supplied engines and electronics to leading teams in world motorsports, including Formula 1. Thanks to Cosworth's renowned experience, the Lyonheart K’s supercharged 5-litre V8 delivers 575PS and 700Nm of torque."

ce65595bd5_zps539bfc84.jpg