Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi everybody,

I have been reading for a few weeks and just had to sign up. I have not built a model for at least 25 years, now 42 I have gotten the bug to build again. On my bench right now is a Revell 69 Nova that I am going to build like the one my Grandma had when I was young.It will be mostly box stock, nothing fancy.

One frustrating thing I have found getting back into the hobby is lack of supplies from department stores like there was when I was building before. I found my kit and a few supplies at one of my local craft stores (Pat Catan's). One of my LHS just moved about an hour away and the other deals mostly in trains. Remember the days you could go into any department store and they had an entire isle of models and supplies? Me too, that I miss but I also like how the hobby has changed in good ways.

What size does everyone post their photos? I will post some of my WIP after I resize some.

I look foward to learning and sharing with all of you.

Doug

One frustrating thing I have found getting back into the hobby is lack of supplies from department stores like there was when I was building before.

It's a brave new world.

Anything you need can be found and bought online. It's all just a google search away.

Welcome to the forum. Lot of good people here with a whole lot of knowledge. I've found that our local Hobby Lobby store carries a good supply of models and supplies. If they don't have it they will get it for me. So if you have one in your area it may be worthwhile to try them out.

Welcome back to building.

I'm extremely fortunate for living in a remote area but still having a well stocked hobby store close by that supplies most of my needs and emergencies. As said, the internet is a vast hobby center ... EVERYTHING is available!

As far as photos, 800 pixels wide is an internet friendly size and is detailed enough for good viewing of models. There's no limit here as far as I know as large images will scale up as you view them.

It's a brave new world.

Anything you need can be found and bought online. It's all just a google search away.

Yup, what he said...

When I came back to the hobby a few years ago, I was surprised by the changes in local kit and supplies availability. However, the internet exploded in the mean time and now there is access to more models, parts, and information that I could ever build, use, or learn from. it's different, but better.

...oh, and welcom to the MCM forum.