Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 flip nose corvette

tim_g

My two biggest gripes with the kit were the misalignment of the nose to the cowl in relation to the side coves and the windshield and frame were a pain. The windshield was about a 1/4" too tall. It had to be cut down and then the frame stripped of the heavy chrome then epoxied to the glass and foiled. Come to think of it, those front and rear body pans take alot of shaping, and that flip nose hinge is going to need some tweeking to get it to work and sit right. Looks alright when done, be prepared for a challenge.

Edited by Blown03SVT

Guest Johnny

My two biggest gripes with the kit were the misalignment of the nose to the cowl in relation to the side coves and the windshield and frame were a pain. The windshield was about a 1/4" too tall. It had to be cut down and then the frame stripped of the heavy chrome then epoxied to the glass and foiled. Come to think of it, those front and rear body pans take alot of shaping, and that flip nose hinge is going to need some tweeking to get it to work and sit right. Looks alright when done, be prepared for a challenge.

I know being around the drag strips back in the day the model is about accurate to what I saw there racing as far as the parts aligning! Bright paint. wild graphiics on some regardless of how bad the flip nose would fit.

All they were really concerned about was how quick the pass was going to be and will it be enough to make the next round or win! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Tim-

Looking good on that motor. Can't wait to see the progress on the body.

Like most here I have a story of this kit. About 25 years ago I was at a friends house looking at his stash of kits. I was just getting back into modeling. He told me to pick out one of his kits to have. This is the "turd" I picked out cause the box art was cool. He had poorly primed the body white. That is how the kit sits to this day. Someday I'll get the nerve, and time, to do it right.

Later-

• 2 weeks later...