Model Cars Magazine Forum

What do you think of the 2015 Mustang?

Didn't anyone learn from the last debate/discussion about the new Corvette that until the manufacturer unveils it, it is just rampant speculation based on fantasy?

Some people believe any image posted on the internet is 100% accurate. They aren't thinking critically about the sources of such information.

The lines are more from Aston Martin and the and are very close to the DBS, same with the grill

Gee, why does this pic look so familiar

Yup, photoshopped Aston Martin....got it in one. I think the Aston is one of the most desirable cars on earth. The poorly photoshopped enraged-catfish front end on this mess reminds me of what the "me too !" designers did to Raymond Loewy's beautiful, clean '53 Studebakers. Too bad the plethora of no-talent car stylists can't understand that hanging a bunch of disjointed junk on a car doesn't make it better.

BUT, the versions in post #24 are more evolved and better integrated. I actually like them. A LOT (though they're NOT the same design...look carefully at the way the headlight is blended into the fender). The nose profile on the lower one is definitely Mustang, instantly recognizable.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

The picture I posted was on Facebook by Stacey David, in which HE posted it as the new 2015 Mustang. I just posted it on here going by what Stacey David said...

No offense, but just because someone famous says it is, doesn’t mean it really is. Unless it is a famous spokesperson for the manufacturer unveiling it…

And in this case, it is not. :unsure:

The picture I posted was on Facebook by Stacey David, in which HE posted it as the new 2015 Mustang. I just posted it on here going by what Stacey David said...

Then somebody pulled an "April Fools" on Stacey David ! Does he really believe that's the new Mustang ?

Thats just one of the speculations floating out there. Heres a couple more:

2015-ford-mustang-gt-coupe-concept-.jpg

167800d1354855737-s550-2014-5-2015-musta

Stay tuned Id say. Although the scuttlebutt is that the retro look is out and both Chevy and Ford will update their Pony Cars to more modern looks. I cant believe they wont leave in some nostalgia clues to celebrate the heritage.

Now I like those! The second one is more like what I was thinking but needs a bit of a side cove worked in, or at least a nod towards one. That said, look at the Mustang II vs the Fox Body Mustang as far as a nod to the past. The Mustang II was chocked full of them but kind of an insult to the Mustangs before and after........probably should serve as a warning from history for Ford. The Fox Bodies only shared the name, some of the badging, and the basic drivetrain layout with the others, but really was an improvement in appearance and performance without "looking like a Mustang".

I kinda like this rendering. It has the side coves, quarter windows and a Mustangish looking grille. At one time, it was rumored that the new Mustang would be based on the Evos concept car. The photo shopped Astin Martin actually has the Evos front fascia "shopped in".

2015-Ford-Mustang-Next-Gen-Concept.jpg

The green one is instantly recognizable as a Mustang. Clean up the nose just a tad and i think we have a winner....or at least a short-list design.

Though I like the blue one overall, I think it looks a little confused, like it doesn't know exactly what kind of car it is. Mustangs need bigger rear quarter-windows. It does have a pleasingly aggressive look though.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

No offense, but just because someone famous says it is, doesn’t mean it really is. Unless it is a famous spokesperson for the manufacturer unveiling it…

And in this case, it is not. :unsure:

Then somebody pulled an "April Fools" on Stacey David ! Does he really believe that's the new Mustang ?

Does anyone have a contact for Mr David? I'm looking to sell a very valuable and historical landmark in NYC he might be in the market for. Beautiful river-front views of both Manhattan and Brooklyn. That litte pumpkin-pie haircutted freak...

Does anyone have a contact for Mr David? I'm looking to sell a very valuable and historical landmark in NYC he might be in the market for. Beautiful river-front views of both Manhattan and Brooklyn. That litte pumpkin-pie haircutted freak...

I'll give ya a quarter fer it !

Why would you believe something he posted? He doesn't work for Ford. He's just a tv personality.

Edited by Rob Hall

That’s just one of the speculations floating out there. Here’s a couple more:

2015-ford-mustang-gt-coupe-concept-.jpg

167800d1354855737-s550-2014-5-2015-musta

Stay tuned I’d say. Although the scuttlebutt is that the retro look is out and both Chevy and Ford will update their Pony Cars to more modern looks. I can’t believe they won’t leave in some nostalgia clues to celebrate the heritage.

See, first thing I thought when I saw the Evos on top was hey, there's some Mustang in that! Something around the front quarter, maybe in the fender flare/character line relation, or the countenance of a Mustang in the grille and headlights, if not the slavish recreation of detail.

I'd agree that bottom concept looks good, but it seems a wee too retro yet. Don't think the headlight design is gonna transfer from this generation to the next...

See, first thing I thought when I saw the Evos on top was hey, there's some Mustang in that! Something around the front quarter, maybe in the fender flare/character line relation, or the countenance of a Mustang in the grille and headlights, if not the slavish recreation of detail.

I'd agree that bottom concept looks good, but it seems a wee too retro yet. Don't think the headlight design is gonna transfer from this generation to the next...

The Evos is probably foreshadowing some of the styling themes of the next Mustang, if not the details. Since the next Mustang will be a world car on sale in many markets outside NA, I suspect it will be more of a modern/forward looking design rather than a retro design..