Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Ford Fairlane 500 427

Lovefordgalaxie

Well guys, I can only thank you again for the wolcome you gave to the little Fairlane.

If it looks real I can only "blame" the AMT kit, that has lot's of detail features, like the nice decals for the badges, and a separate chrome part for the 427 emblem on the front fenders.

I felt like showing this to you guys:

My very first build of this kit, back in 1993. It was my first multi color paint job. I remember having a lot of trouble trying to make the frame to fit the body. After much work, and also after having glue all over the frame, I fugured out that it was the windshield that was keeping the interior to go all the way up, and I ended sanding the already glued windshield to make room for the dash. This is a problem I'm glad I remembered when building the kit again this year, so I just removed material from the windshield before gluying it to the body, and all that problem didn't hapen again this time.

I built this kit for my cousing back in the day, and he decided to give me it back a few days ago, after he saw the new build on Flickr. It was dirty, and had a taillight missing. I gave it a good clean, and made a temporary replacement taillight with epoxi putty. I'm now looking for a genuine AMT taillight, and will keep my eyes open.

Anyway, here is the car:

8642716233_cf8efbea7c_z.jpg
1966 Fairlane 427 by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

8642716835_71963f8ec5_z.jpg

8642717153_e8feb29fcf_z.jpg

8643814436_2092b914ed_z.jpg